PDA

View Full Version : Re: kudos for blazers

HowieT2
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
After the fireworks, I was in the GH lodge speaking with a family who rented out their house in Killington in november to rent a place and ski at SB for the season. They are so happy with the blazer/ski school program for their kids at SB compared to what they had experienced at K-Mart, they are considering making the move permanent.

My daughter is in Blazers for the first time this season also, and we could not be happier.

Happy New Year.

Sugaree
01-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Ditto that. John has taken Blazers to a new level.

atkinson
01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you for the message and the compliments. However, the coaching team deserves equal or greater credit. I am merely a good conductor of a great symphony.

John

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/010308email-014.JPG
Coach Diggity
First Chair, Percussion section

Yard Sale
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
My kids are in their second season in Blazers and at 7 and 10 they are skiing just about everthing and are making great friends. But that is not what is most impressive. It is how much they are Loving It. My seven year old daughter was having a boot issue (toe pain). Thinking she may have outgrown her boots, I suggested she miss Sunday's blazers and get her new boots. She freaked. Wouldn't have it. She insisted on going even knowing that she'd have to deal with uncomfortable/painful feet. She gutted it out, and she was happy she did.

Hats off to John and the entire orchestra.

BTW I don't imagine it was you John, but nice call on serving mac and cheese in Valley House. You can't get it at GH and it's great kid fuel.

Lostone
01-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I was on Mountain Guide duty last week and was guiding someone who'd been a K-mart skier for years, but came up here because of what he'd heard about the kids programs. He was extremely happy to have done it, after seeing the way the kids were approached and handled, and their reactions. (This was a Bears program.)

Happy parents of kids in lessons plans is great, for today. Happy kids in lessons plans is money in the bank, as they remember, later. 8)

SKIQUATTRO
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
We've been going to Smuggs with the kids for the past 3 years and the kids programs are fantastic, great mountain for us (Robins Run etc) ski in/ski out condo..all good..they have won us over...However, I would like to explore another option for next year....how is the SB kids programs compared to Smuggs? I've skiied SB with my buddies and love, how would it be for 5 days with the family? Smuggs has the indoor pool, fun zone etc....thanks!

HowieT2
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
We've been going to Smuggs with the kids for the past 3 years and the kids programs are fantastic, great mountain for us (Robins Run etc) ski in/ski out condo..all good..they have won us over...However, I would like to explore another option for next year....how is the SB kids programs compared to Smuggs? I've skiied SB with my buddies and love, how would it be for 5 days with the family? Smuggs has the indoor pool, fun zone etc....thanks!

Hard to beat that pool and fun zone they have at smuggs for the little ones. That being said the skiing at SB is much better and if you are going for a holiday week I doubt smuggs has anything to compare to the adventure camp SB offers.