PDA

View Full Version : Crowds

Sugaree
12-28-2007, 07:57 PM
We skied at Mt. Ellen today, and the lines were not a big deal with the North Ridge chair running. I heard Lincoln Peak was very busy. Any first hand knowledge? Strategy for avoiding lines at Lincoln (other than going to Mt. Ellen)?

Lostone
12-28-2007, 08:19 PM
(other than going to Mt. Ellen)?

Sounds like a winner, to me! :wink:

Other than that, get away from the bottom before 10:00, and stay there.

It is a holiday period with snow that hit down south, early. There are a lot of people up here. Everyone seems to be having a good time, but they're having a good time together. :lol:

HowieT2
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
We skied at Mt. Ellen today, and the lines were not a big deal with the North Ridge chair running. I heard Lincoln Peak was very busy. Any first hand knowledge? Strategy for avoiding lines at Lincoln (other than going to Mt. Ellen)?

Busiest I've seen it although the lines at GH and SB lifts were moving quickly. The key is to stay off those lifts except to get up to the others. There were no lines at NL, HG or CR lifts. Which brings to mind how nice it would be if there was a midmountain lodge, but I guess other than the busiest days Alyn's is more than enough.
This morning was beautiful. Rinse, Lather Repeat.

Strat
12-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Valley House was a nice ride, the lifties were pleased to see us... definitely stay on the lesser-used lifts though, if possible... VH, NL, NR, Inverness actually also yielded some nice snow with no wait today...

castlerock
12-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Satuday, 11:00 AM Bravo corral full, with a mob trying to que up. I timed the line using a stopwatch (chrono watch). It was 4 min and 55 seconds from entering the line to sitting on the chair.

Compared to virtually any major ski area in the east, there are NO liftlines here.

TimKeogh
12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Compared to virtually any major ski area in the east, there are NO liftlines here.

Agreed, lift lines of more than 5 min are unheard of. Sometimes I cherish the barely 5 min wait as I get my heartrate back out of overdrive.

walks
12-30-2007, 12:32 PM
crowds are bad.

outofshape
12-30-2007, 07:27 PM
The crowds were not the worst.. considering the week we are in and conditions. Hats off to the lifties for getting people on the lifts!!