PDA

View Full Version : Default meeting place (Sat 12/22)?

kcyanks1
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Is there a default meeting time and place where people from the forum meet on weekends? The issue is that I don't know for sure where I will end up tomorrow and it is not in my control, so I don't want to make firm plans and then not show up or have to cancel last minute. But if there is a default meeting place where no one would actually be waiting for me, but I could show up if I'm there, that would be cool. Thanks!

Edit: Fixed the subject to reflect the correct date.

WWF-VT
12-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I think it's Allyn's Lodge at 10 AM though tomorrow lots of people may be at Mt Ellen

kcyanks1
12-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks. Guess if I'm there I'll have a look and hopefully catch up with someone. Any particular side of Allyn's?

Lostone
12-21-2007, 07:50 PM
The general place is by the map, outside.

I'll be around, but it is a workday, for me, so 10:00 is likely out.

kcyanks1
12-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Anyone planning on being there tomorrow (well, technically today -- Saturday) at 10am? If anyone plans to be there and wants to meet up, I'll go to SB; otherwise there's a chance I'll end up at MRG. It seems that the group I'm with is going to have the bus stop at both places--definitely SB, maybe MRG. If I'm going to be on my own, I'd choose MRG since I've been there less often, and we also are probably going to end up at SB again another day. If I'm meeting someone I'll definitely do Sugarbush. I'll check my laptop around 7:30am tomorrow (only 6 hours...better get some sleep). If I don't see anyone of you, have great days!

kcyanks1
12-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Anyone planning on being there tomorrow (well, technically today -- Saturday) at 10am? If anyone plans to be there and wants to meet up, I'll go to SB; otherwise there's a chance I'll end up at MRG. It seems that the group I'm with is going to have the bus stop at both places--definitely SB, maybe MRG. If I'm going to be on my own, I'd choose MRG since I've been there less often, and we also are probably going to end up at SB again another day. If I'm meeting someone I'll definitely do Sugarbush. I'll check my laptop around 7:30am tomorrow (only 6 hours...better get some sleep). If I don't see anyone of you, have great days!

Well to the extent anyone is reading this, even though there haven't been replies, I will be going to Sugarbush, and I'll plan at the map at Allyn's at 10am. Hopefully I'll see some of you!

kcyanks1
12-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Well I got to ski a run with Lostone. Great to meet you and thanks for taking the run!

Lostone
12-22-2007, 05:18 PM
So, I get to the top of Super Bravo, in my Mountain Guide coat. I'm looking around for guests to guide. One of the places we check is the map. If someone is looking at it, wondering where to go, maybe we can give them a hand, and show them a few runs.

I look down and there's one person standing there, but he isn't looking at the map, but up to the lift, and around. I check my watch and find it is 10:00. I ski down and find it is kcyanks1.

I introduce myself, we hang for a bit, to see if anyone else will show. (I knew teleo was around, as I met him earlier in the morning.) Then we took a run down Snowball, which was groomed quite well, to Eden, which... wasn't. :roll: :lol:

Then we rode back up and I let him go off to enjoy himself, while I found a couple more guests to guide.

Easy to find someplace with good snow! :wink:

kcyanks1
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
So, I get to the top of Super Bravo, in my Mountain Guide coat. I'm looking around for guests to guide. One of the places we check is the map. If someone is looking at it, wondering where to go, maybe we can give them a hand, and show them a few runs.

I look down and there's one person standing there, but he isn't looking at the map, but up to the lift, and around. I check my watch and find it is 10:00. I ski down and find it is kcyanks1.

I introduce myself, we hang for a bit, to see if anyone else will show. (I knew teleo was around, as I met him earlier in the morning.) Then we took a run down Snowball, which was groomed quite well, to Eden, which... wasn't. :roll: :lol:

Then we rode back up and I let him go off to enjoy himself, while I found a couple more guests to guide.

Easy to find someplace with good snow! :wink:

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. It was good meeting you.

Lostone
12-22-2007, 09:58 PM
It was nice meeting you, too.

I had a pretty good day. I accompanied 5 different sets of people; a set being from 1 to 3 people, depending. Everyone was in a good mood. Hard not to have a good time with everyone so happy and conditions so great.

I read your trip report in the Zone. Sounds like you had a good day, too. Good to hear! (read? :wink: )

kcyanks1
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
It was nice meeting you, too.

I had a pretty good day. I accompanied 5 different sets of people; a set being from 1 to 3 people, depending. Everyone was in a good mood. Hard not to have a good time with everyone so happy and conditions so great.

I read your trip report in the Zone. Sounds like you had a good day, too. Good to hear! (read? :wink: )

No need to read these:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/809

:)

teleo
12-24-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm just reading this now as I have limited access when I'm at SB. Sorry I missed you folks on Sat. There was no line at Castlerock, I couldn't get myself to leave. At least not until my legs decided to stage a revolt.

BTW - Are people going to be meeting up over the holidays (12/29->1/1)? If so, should the meeting place be at Alynns? Or should it be somewhere at ME to avoid crowds? I'm sort of new at the SB holiday crowd avoidance thing...

summitchallenger
12-27-2007, 02:37 PM
We've been trying to get two meeting spots for anyone who wants to ski with folks from here...one is at Allyn's on 10am on weekends by the trailmap. The other can be at the trail map outside of Glen House. Thoughts?

kcyanks1
12-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm just reading this now as I have limited access when I'm at SB. Sorry I missed you folks on Sat. There was no line at Castlerock, I couldn't get myself to leave. At least not until my legs decided to stage a revolt.

BTW - Are people going to be meeting up over the holidays (12/29->1/1)? If so, should the meeting place be at Alynns? Or should it be somewhere at ME to avoid crowds? I'm sort of new at the SB holiday crowd avoidance thing...

I might be there Saturday or Sunday, but not yet determined. If I'm there I'll try to hit one of the meeting places.

teleo
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Trail map at Glenn house makes sense for ME. Having two meeting spots might dilute the usefulness given the turnout. Maybe people can indicate where they think they'll be.

That said I'll be up sat->tues and will probably spend some time at ME since I havn't been over there yet this season. Not sure what days I'll have AM shift though.