PDA

View Full Version : Re: sunday weather

HowieT2
12-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Looks like sunday is going to be a close call. Anyone have any good forecasts to share.

tomthumb
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
The forecasts I've heard are less than good. 70% chance of embryonic snow, possibly changing over to snow after 3 PM.

noski
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
If there is to be a silver lining it is that the snowpack can and will absorb the NCP. Last year all we could do was sigh as we watched the manmade run to the river. Weather is set to turn back cold for the holiday week.

win
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
The forecasts we see at this point are mixed. It is likely that will might get some freezing rain, sleet, rain showers and snow. If it is rain, it won't be a large amount and will do very little damage to the Hill. It is likely that we will not groom anything Sunday night so that the snow best absorbs any rain that we might get. We are still a few days away, so it is still a guess. Whatever, next week looks really good again!

kcyanks1
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
70% chance of embryonic snow

Haven't heard that one :-) I've heard "immature snow" though, and of course "NCP".

outofshape
12-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Can someone help me understand "embryonic snow"?

In any event, rain, snow, or frozen stem cells, I need to get out and ride tomorrow before the in-laws come into town!

kcyanks1
12-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Can someone help me understand "embryonic snow"?

In any event, rain, snow, or frozen stem cells, I need to get out and ride tomorrow before the in-laws come into town!

Same as "immature snow", I assume. Water that hasn't developed into snow, i.e., rain. Unfortunately even Jay is expecting rain: "Here's the marketing guy saying, why not stay home and finish up your shopping...?" (http://www.jaypeakresort.com/en/jay_peak/conditions/). It hopefully won't destroy the great base around VT, but the surface conditions will probably suffer until the next storm.