PDA

View Full Version : Gadzooks! More Windholds!

summitchallenger
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Glad I decided to stay home and do work rather than venture to SB. Will go for some turns tomorrow...assuming I get enough done...

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Glad I decided to stay home and do work rather than venture to SB. Will go for some turns tomorrow...assuming I get enough done...

Good choice. This is NOT a good day for skiing. Dangerously cold with gnarly wind. I just stepped outside to shovel a path to the hot tub, and in 10 minutes, my gloved hands were just about to get frost-bitten. Tomorrow is another day!

atkinson
12-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, it was a perfect day to sit inside and keep warm.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/122007-Pow2.jpg
Liftline, ~11:30am

Nothing better than a wood stove and a blanket and good book.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/122007-Pow3.jpg
LCR, ~12pm

We made hot chocolate with little marshmallows and decorated the house for the holidays. I really like the way that the trees look so snow covered in the picture below, but they are just these wicked cool "snow blankets" from Wal-Mart, believe it or not.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/122007-Pow4.jpg
Lincoln Peak, ~2:30pm

Tomorrow will definitely be a better day for skiing.

John
;)

summitchallenger
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
John will have to get some shots of me on Ripcord tomorrow AM. :wink:

BushMogulMaster
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Atkinson, buddy... what are you thinkin? You can't show people how good windhold days can really be! They might actually show up and steal the pow! :wink:

Some of my best turns have been on freezing cold windhold days. :)

HowieT2
12-17-2007, 09:46 PM
what time did they finally run the lifts?

We were there at 8:30 and waited around 'till 9:20 before we bailed and went to MRG.

ski_resort_observer
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
FYI..the gondi derailed near the summit of Loon on Sunday due to high winds stranding 75 people for over an hour.

HowieT2
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
FYI..the gondi derailed near the summit of Loon on Sunday due to high winds stranding 75 people for over an hour.

That would #$%%^. Watching all that snow suspended in a box with angry people all around.

mattlucas
12-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Atkinson,

Were you skiing at MRG (specifically Fall-Dice woods) on monday? thought I saw someone that looked like you....

smootharc
12-18-2007, 08:45 AM
C-rock pod after 11:15 opening was just sweet.

Took my hooky partners (sons 7 & 9) for their first Rumble (men's tee, no less) run ever (last season they ticked off all LP trails except Rumble) and the conditions were outstanding. Just loaded. We then hit Castlerock, and then foraged for freshies...which were everywhere. Knee deep for daddy was almost waist deep for my spawn. C-rock chair was ski on after 1pm.

I guess it was just a matter of waiting out Interlodge....which we did with cocoa and brownies.

They babbled and babbled all the way home.

P.S. Before Castlerock opened, the pickings off Green Mountain Express were stellar and very powdery, too. A great day.

gone.skiing
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Even barkbiter decided to sit yesterday out. I guess he is not so tough after all. :roll:

Lostone
12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I guess he is not so tough after all.

Not necessary. Not helpful. :?

skiladi
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
what time did they finally run the lifts?

We were there at 8:30 and waited around 'till 9:20 before we bailed and went to MRG.

I almost did the same thing but my stingy , yankee husband( ; } ) convinced me to wait it out. No sense spending $ when you got a pass , silly! We hit CR around 11. Not exactly sure of the time but we did CRR and Middle Earth and he opted for a timeout while I hit Rumble. It was oh-so-sweet! And I was all alone with the rocks and trees. ; }

smootharc
12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
.... while I hit Rumble. It was oh-so-sweet! And I was all alone with the rocks and trees. ; }

...is indeed sublime. After we got passed by two skiers right at top, myself and my boys never saw another soul on Rumble until the last runout section coming around the corner at the bottom. Peaceful.