PDA

View Full Version : Here's Something I've Always Wondered...

summitchallenger
12-15-2007, 06:46 PM
What is the significance behind the Resort logo? Who came up with it and when?

Simple and cool....IMHO.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album40/sugarbush_resort_icon.jpg

Strat
12-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I think it's supposed to be a mountain view... summits cascading away from you...

summitchallenger
12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I think it's supposed to be a mountain view... summits cascading away from you...

So each streak represents a mountain? LP, Mt Ellen, and Castlerock?

Mtnlady
12-16-2007, 02:36 PM
That design came from Tim Newcomb - artist/cartoonist - from the Montpelier area. Though I am not sure how long it's
been our logo, I remember it for as long as I've been around - early 80's, which was the era of Roy Cohen and may have
come into play with his purchase of Glenn Ellen to add to Sugarbush Valley.

I used to sing in a group with Tim's wife. There is a significance to the three peaks represented - not sure which three peaks, and they may all be on the Lincoln Peak side...

I hope all are enjoying this storm - 10" here in Brookfield, and it just got dark again out there.

shadyjay
12-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I always thought that the 3 peaks represented Mt Ellen, Lincoln, and Nancy Hanks (aka Castlerock). Don't recall the logo changing much through the years.

Lostone
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey, Mtnlady, good to see you out here.

I'd also heard it had to do with three peaks. I've always wondered which 3. as I consider Mt Ellen, North Lynx, Castlerock and Lincoln legitimate peaks. I've also heard Gadd counted, but I have trouble calling it a peak, when you can ski down to it, I like your theory of just counting South.

but the three peaks is something I'd heard many years ago, when the logo first started showing.