PDA

View Full Version : Grooming

HowieT2
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Not that I'm looking ahead to sunday/monday or anything like that, but what's the plan with respect to grooming tomorrow and saturday?

summitchallenger
12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
My question as well...

HowieT2
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
My question as well...

Great minds think alike.

gone.skiing
12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
It will all be groomed including all of Castlerock... :evil:

summitchallenger
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM

You sure???

HowieT2
12-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Are you serious?
I recall from last year that they do like to groom before storms.

Strat
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I doubt they'll groom all of Castlerock... Middle Earth and Castlerock Run maybe, Troll Road, but I doubt they'll head up Rumble or Liftline...

Moonshine, Twist, other naturals of that sort will definitely get done though... happened before Valentine's Day and it worked out perfectly...

win
12-14-2007, 08:14 AM
No! We will not groom everything. While we have some really good snow on all the natural trails, grooming them now would do a lot of damage to them. The snow on trails like Twist and Moonshine is too soft and the tread would tear up those trails. You want to groom those trails to set them up and make them ski and ride better and longer. Where we have made a lot of snow you can groom well. We do a snow plan daily at 1pm for the next day and make our decisions when after we have been out on the mountain personally to assess the conditions.

chuck
12-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Win for President.

random_ski_guy
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Win for President.

they way things are going you have to serious consider win as a viable option for 2012.

scharny
12-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I think you guys should groom Church Woods and Slidebrook before the upcoming storm. Then the turns will be nice 'n' silky with all the new snow.

:wink:

Hawk
12-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Grooming????? :roll: Why are we talking about grooming with 14" of snow in the past 3 days and 2 feet of snow in our future. The only time that I will advocate grooming is after a warm spell or some other type of precipitation. :shock: Also you should never groom natural snow trails. It compacts the snow and creates a harder surface after it has been skied a bit. The natural snow is very durable and skis better when not touched. Sorry i'm not a big fan of grooming or skiing groomers. :wink:

BushMogulMaster
12-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Cheers, Win. Good call. Do you have any C-Bars at Lincoln Peak? This would be an ideal opportunity to use something other than a power tiller, which wastes fuel and stresses the machine. Soft snow + C-Bar = beautiful surface.

win
12-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Yes, we do BushMogulMaster. There is a rumor going around that you might actually be seen at LP this weekend? If that is the case maybe we will groom Rumble for you!
(Once a groomer is invented that can do it)

Lostone
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, we were on Castlerock today, discussing the need for grooming. :roll: That nasty powder kept hiding my skis. How can you ski, if you can't see your skis? How do you know they are actually there?

And the rocks kept hiding. We need it to be groomed so we'll be able to see them more clearly.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :lol:

boze
12-15-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm pretty sure the initial grooming question had nothing to do with screwing with the current powder. I've seen that guy waistdeep in Paradise Woods.

Anyway, showing some groomer love to a few more trails than average (lwr eleva /crusties, at least those that could take the workout) may play very well ahead of some potentially insane weather. Prep the undercarriage, as it were gents :wink:

But hey I am sticking to my day job. As is clear I don't know 'jack' about mtn ops.

BushMogulMaster
12-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes, we do BushMogulMaster. There is a rumor going around that you might actually be seen at LP this weekend? If that is the case maybe we will groom Rumble for you!
(Once a groomer is invented that can do it)

You're so thoughtful, Win :wink:

By the way, I got a 100% on my Sugarbush paper. Thanks for your help!