PDA

View Full Version : Any Crust?

summitchallenger
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey folks. Just wondering if there is any crust on the natural snow runs, or if they are good. Anyone been in Castlerock lately? How is it holding up?

I'm sitting on the fence here...just enjoyed four great days at Burke. I am yearning for some Sugarbush action though...have Saturday to ski. Castlerock, North Lynx, and Murphy's Glade are calling me...

Lostone
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
We did have some crust, especially at the bottom, but the skier groomers have gone thru almost all of that, by now. In the woods, tho... They might not have had the traffic. :?

If we get enough out of this... It might all be buried and out of consideration. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
TB....you gotta be on course for a new personal record for ski days?

summitchallenger
12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
TB....you gotta be on course for a new personal record for ski days?

This would be the season...considering that I am a swinging single again....

I did 60 days last season. That shattered my record of 45 set in 2002-2003 while skiing at....Sugarbush and Burke.

2000-2001: 42 days. (Sugarbush passholder and EPIC snow year).
2005-2006: 43 days.

I am up to 10 for this season.

Between now and Christmas, assuming weather and scheduling works out, I can get five more days. Between now and New Year's, six more. So it is conceivable that I could be up to 21 or 22 by January 1st.

atkinson
12-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, the crust is horrible, especially at Castlerock. I can't believe anybody is even skiing there. It's probably ruined for the year. Anyway, all the best turns are always somewhere else.

However, in a show of community goodwill and sacrifice, I will continue to provide pertinent info on just how bad it is. Stay tuned and please stay away, for your sake.

Middle Earth was really below par today. When are they going to knock all the air out of the snow? It was getting up in my face and covering my skis so I couldn't see the graphics and that's important stuff.

No rocks either! So why is it named CastleRock? And what's with the snowing all the time? Isn't it enough already?

Who's in charge here?? I demand some answers!

John

ski_resort_observer
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
If it snows one more day......

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album33/head_screaming.jpg

castlerock
12-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Who's in charge here?? I demand some answers!

Uhhh......you are John.....

BTW, where were you this evening? There seems to be a bit of animation in your post. You don't keep secrets on night spots as you do for the woods stashes, do you?

I'm finally back from Asia and at "home". See you out there

atkinson
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Bush Pilot Kick-off party last night. Oysters and flatbreads and chocolate and not enough sleep.

Heaven's Gate also is really crusty. Please stay on Gate House or the Village Chairs for the best conditions.

John