PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the repetition ... Dumping again!!!

atkinson
12-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Feeling the pangs of hunger and emerging from my cave to hit the microwave, I look up and see more snow.

I apologize for repeating myself, but it's dumping again!

John

boze
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Happy to hear it - heading up w/ the family for the weekend, hopefully a LONG weekend....I even suggested to my wife to pack accordingly, and for the kids to bring a school book or two. Not that they'll open 'em up. But I've learned a few things over the years about managing the 'Mother Hen'.

Let it dump, let it dump, let it dump... :D

Hardbooter
12-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Last weekend the snow was very dry and showed no signs of wind loading or slabbing. Did you see any wet snow coming in during the week? Was it heavy snow that compacted the base at all? How are the woods holding up? There must be close to a three foot base right? I noticed a lot of waterbars and streams on Saturday. Any sign that that stuff is getting covered?

asland
12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Believe me! I am not getting sick of hearing that it is dumping out? javascript:emoticon(':lol:') :lol:

How much is sugarbush going to get this weekend?

asland

freeheel_skier
12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Believe me! I am not getting sick of hearing that it is dumping out? javascript:emoticon(':lol:') :lol:

asland

Alot! :D

http://vtlink.net/users/wxman/weatheringheights/index.asp

summitchallenger
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
We've got a good four inches or so already in Central VT. And it is still dumping...was only supposed to be 1-3" (!). The road crews have been caught off guard...plan accordingly....

glove1038
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM

asland

SUNDAY: Cloudy. Significant snow likely. Perhaps greater than a foot of new accumulation. A morning low 5 to 10. Temperatures rising through the teens.

*Source: Weathering Heights

atkinson
12-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Wednesday's snow was wetter down low and has help glue on the base. It's still a little thin in the woods for random ripping, but we are getting closer by the minute. It was completely hurling when I left at 7pm and there was an easy 5-6 inches at the bottom.

However, there will be no good turns tomorrow until at least noon. Please consider having a leisurely breakfast and doing some shopping before showing up at the mountain. Rest assured, I will be personally attending to some grooming for you while you wait.

John