PDA

View Full Version : Let's get this straight ...

atkinson
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
There's a thread talking about a major winter storm for Saturday and Sunday.

There's another thread about 8-16" for Thursday.

And here it is Tuesday and it's dumping, with 2-5" predicted for the Valley by Wednesday afternoon.

Clearing the schedule for Monday alone seems unwise. Better just clear the schedule for the foreseeable future.

Wow. Bring it!

John

djspookman
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
There's a thread talking about a major winter storm for Saturday and Sunday.

There's another thread about 8-16" for Thursday.

And here it is Tuesday and it's dumping, with 2-5" predicted for the Valley by Wednesday afternoon.

Clearing the schedule for Monday alone seems unwise. Better just clear the schedule for the foreseeable future.

Wow. Bring it!

John

woot! BRING IT INDEED! Everyone at work is talking the same.. its going to be lonely and quiet here Monday!

Dave

Lostone
12-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I was done at 1:30. But just a few more runs... Then the skies opened up. 1 run and my tracks from the previous were hazy. Two and they were gone. Whoooo took them?? :lol:

Tomorrow...? :D

castlerock
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Better just clear the schedule for the foreseeable future.

I get back in the States Wednesday night. I'm working on it...

CapeSkiGuy
12-11-2007, 04:36 PM
This oughta bring 'em out for Christmas week...

Tin Woodsman
12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Not to piss on anyone's corn flakes, but the latest indications are that the thursday storm may miss to the south.

Glad to hear it's dumping up there right now. This Sunday/Monday episode could be historically large somewhere in the Northeast. Question is where.

summitchallenger
12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Was going to say...hope you got out. I was at Burke for opening weekend. Wow. Skiing better than midwinter in some spots. Did first tree shots of the season. Was up to my waist on one tree run yesterday. Simply unbelievable.

Yard Sale
12-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Roger Hill, Weathering Heights:

Thursday afternoon and night system from double barrel low pressure one to the south and one to the north to add additonal snow to the landscape. Snow showers and unsteeled weather to last well into Friday.

Huge Nor'easter Saturday night into Sunday - may team up with Tropical storm Olga moisture - look out! This storm system may paralize portions of the Northeast metro areas from Portland Maine...to New York and perhaps Philly. Niught mare travelers scenario shaping up for late this weekend...
:D

summitchallenger
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Night mare travelers scenario shaping up for late this weekend...
:D

That's why you need to get stranded at your favorite ski area on Sunday when you were out only for a "day trip."

Operators are standing by for reservations at SB. :wink:

Lostone
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
So I hear someone singing... "A 3 hour tour!"

Be sure to bring Maryanne with you! :lol:

skiladi
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
So I hear someone singing... "A 3 hour tour!"

Be sure to bring Maryanne with you! :lol:

At least two of them are already there!

Lostone
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM