PDA

View Full Version : Thursday storm speculation?

BushMogulMaster
12-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm getting excited, since I'm flying home on Friday. Looks like I'll find conditions equally as good if not better than out here (although, since we've had close to 50" in the past two weeks at most major areas, things are looking pretty good!).

From Josh Fox's MRG weather blog:

Thursday's Storm !!

The fast-moving aspect of weather systems within this ambient pattern presents a challenge to the prognosticators and the Thursday's situation is no exception. The medium range guidance has been keying on a system in the southern Plains gathering moisture very quickly Wednesday night before speeding northeastward. Although it seems likely this will happen in some variety meaning the increase in clouds and the eventual accumulation of snow, the exact timing will have a big say on the end result. The usually reliable European model has been unusually unreliable for much of the fall and it seems somewhat pessimistic on moisture reaching the central and northern sections of Vermont. The GFS and Canadian model tell a different and much more appealing tale and will be one I will choose to lean to at this time. This solution has the system in question tracking from southern Illinois to southern New England. Snow would develop during the day and would fall heavily during much of the afternoon accumulating 8-16 inches as a conservative guess. Wednesday's update will have to take the more specific step on addressing accumulations and a more smaller window of start times and stop times.

boze
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
MRG cam confirms the radar images - - puking snow in the Greens right now!

http://www.madriverglen.com/?Page=cams.html

Any one care to give a local report?

atkinson
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, it's only Tuesday, so Thursday storm shouldn't be affecting us right now. However, it is currently dumping straight down from the heavy skies.

Anyway, nobody really wants to look at grayed out storm shots, so here's a nice bright one from yesterday. Went for a long ski hike/ footpack adventure and caught some great light.

Enjoy.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/122007-SnowTrees.jpg

Did I mention that it's dumping?

John

CapeSkiGuy
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
BMM, I saw your new site today. Congratulations. It looks very good.
I have never, ever been able to ski bumps competently...but I'd like to learn.

BushMogulMaster
12-11-2007, 11:54 PM
BMM, I saw your new site today. Congratulations. It looks very good.
I have never, ever been able to ski bumps competently...but I'd like to learn.

Thanks... glad you like it. If you're going to be around the Bush over the next month, I'd love to hook up with you and help you out!