PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Off-Piste Update 12/07/2007

atkinson
12-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I've been sampling a little and some of the cleaner lines are starting to get good. The best stuff now is generally in the 2500' - 3500' range on most aspects, even south-facing. Eden is good with caution, and some of the lower angle stuff on the upper mountain is passable.

Still hitting the tops of hidden hangers, so keep the speed down and your tips up. Also, anything that looks like a stump or rock, probably is. Steeper lines are doable, but they need more snow. I'd rather they get footpacked now to help settle the base and then they'd be awesome, hopefully by next weekend.

John

p.s. North Lynx opens tomorrow, so you can bet people will be in the Brook. Please be aware that the shuttle DOESN'T RUN for another two weeks. Plan accordingly.

skiladi
12-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I've been sampling a little and some of the cleaner lines are starting to get good. The best stuff now is generally in the 2500' - 3500' range on most aspects, even south-facing. Eden is good with caution, and some of the lower angle stuff on the upper mountain is passable.

Still hitting the tops of hidden hangers, so keep the speed down and your tips up. Also, anything that looks like a stump or rock, probably is. Steeper lines are doable, but they need more snow. I'd rather they get footpacked now to help settle the base and then they'd be awesome, hopefully by next weekend.

John

p.s. North Lynx opens tomorrow, so you can bet people will be in the Brook. Please be aware that the shuttle DOESN'T RUN for another two weeks. Plan accordingly.

Who will be doing that? Or should I ask , you and who else? ; }

castlerock
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM

He must be lying. It is December. Don't listen to him.

Abe Froman
12-07-2007, 09:50 PM

He must be lying. It is December. Don't listen to him.

He is totally way off the mark :shock: It is December BTW :lol:

random_ski_guy
12-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Abe Froman with the saucy new avatar pic. Trying to stir the drink around here?

HowieT2
12-08-2007, 09:22 AM

I miss the old picture. Bring it back.

Abe Froman
12-08-2007, 03:19 PM

I miss the old picture. Bring it back.

Ah yes so did I. :oops: I just got in from a great day on the hill....and now have had time to change it.

Last night someone thought it would be amusing if they changed my desktop background and avitar to Hil & Obama. :roll:

Payback is going to be sweet!

Tin Woodsman
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM

This report is spot on accurate. Those mid-mountain hardwoods always bloom early, and there is no difference this year. At every aspect on the LP compass, they are pretty good if you are careful. Tips up is a good nmemonic to remember. Some p-tex will be necessary after a few encounters with barely concealed obstacles. Also, not all streams are frozen and covered yet, so be mindful of those locations.

If you're really lucky, you may find that some of your personal favorite lines were selected as MTB trails this summer and have been maintained accordingly. The orange tape sort of gives it away.

outofshape
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
and those rocks.. yup.

fun nevertheless tho for December!