PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Wow! Yeah!

atkinson
12-05-2007, 12:17 PM
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/12052007-Castlerock2.jpg
Coach Ashleigh, a few minutes ago on Castlerock. 2007 has been an incredible year for skiing.

Thanks for the hiking opportunities! People notice this type of thing and it helps create many more raving fans for Sugarbush. Although I'm sure the Notorious B.O.B., smootharc and few others are a little bummed they aren't here for it. Live vicariously through the pics boys and girls!

John

summitchallenger
12-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Memories of yesterday...some incredible shots...wow.

So glad I went...even if I am wiped still from the experience. :D :D

teleo
12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes we noticed - sanctioned hiking to an area where the lift is not running yet is awesome :lol: Thanks Win
So is the pic

But why am I stuck in an office in the flatlands :cry: :cry:

smootharc
12-05-2007, 12:36 PM
....ain't really livin' much at all. There's got to be a mournful Country Western song with lyrics like that.

But the pics are appreciated. More pics would be good.

I anticipate many well timed PHD's (Powder Hooky Days) as opposed to MPD's (Missed Powder Days) this season. If I play hooky diligently maybe I can earn an honorary degree, and become Smootharc, PhD. I like the sound of that. My wife, probably not so much.

skiladi
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/12052007-Castlerock2.jpg
Coach Ashleigh, a few minutes ago on Castlerock. 2007 has been an incredible year for skiing.

Thanks for the hiking opportunities! People notice this type of thing and it helps create many more raving fans for Sugarbush. Although I'm sure the Notorious B.O.B., smootharc and few others are a little bummed they aren't here for it. Live vicariously through the pics boys and girls!

John

Whoa,wow,yeah? Is that what she's saying? Awesome. ; }

HowieT2
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Thank you. The mounds of snow look much more appealing than the piles of paper on my desk.

atkinson
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
And it's snowing again!!

John

12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanx for the photo John!
Please keep em comin'

atkinson
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Just a couple more to fuel the stoke. Can't share them all before the Thursday email, though.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/12052007-BL3.jpg
Birdland tracks.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/12052007-VHSteps1.jpg
Valley House "steps."

Enjoy!

John

Strat
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
John, how does one get on that Thursday email list even without Sugarbush program affiliation? I'd love to see more shots, and I'm sure many more of us would as well (though I know this question has been brought up before, I just missed the answer I guess)...

8)

skibum1321
12-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I'd also like to be on the list, although it's going to be pure torture seeing these pics from down in MA.

boze
12-06-2007, 08:49 AM
ibid, except substituting CT for MA

atkinson
12-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Please send me an email at jatkinson at sugarbush.com and you will get included on the list. Thanks for the interest!

John

Yard Sale
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
The website is saying that the Gate House Pod is openig this weekend. Does that mean that North Lynx will also be spinning? Assuming that Castlerock is spinning, are we going to be full bore at South?

First 07-08 ski weekend for me and mine. Very pumped.

Tin Woodsman
12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
The website is saying that the Gate House Pod is openig this weekend. Does that mean that North Lynx will also be spinning? Assuming that Castlerock is spinning, are we going to be full bore at South?

First 07-08 ski weekend for me and mine. Very pumped.

Doubt it. Birch and Sunrise are pretty wide open and face primarily South. You'd probably need another foot or so of natural base to warrant opening them. Even then, I doubt they'd hold up for long - though Morningstar would be good to go for longer. Point is, I don't see them opening unless there is another big dump or continued cold weather so they can blow snow and feel good about the base.

atkinson
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't have any inside info on opening, but there is a ton of snow on North Lynx. This time of year, the south-facing slopes aren't that affected by the low-angle sun and tons of clouds. Plus we got another 8" last night. And more on the way. Unbelievable.

John

castlerock
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I can't believe this....The best early Dec in years, and I am in Japan. I am being cursed for making the V-day and St.P storms last year.....

skiladi
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I can't believe this....The best early Dec in years, and I am in Japan. I am being cursed for making the V-day and St.P storms last year.....

It is still early. When do you get back?

castlerock
12-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Wednesday. I'll be skiing by Sat the 15th....I just hope it doesn't get warm

MntMan4Bush
12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Castlerock I feel your pain. I'm here in India myself drooling at the pictures of all the snow accumulating. I'd gladly drink a pitcher of water from the Ganges right now, complete with bits of garbage, body parts and a hint of dysentery to be getting some face shots on Middleearth this weekend. Something about the intense heat and humidity seems unsettling for me right now when there is snow on teh ground back home. I can't get back soon enough.

ManyTurns
12-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Hey, I've made my contribution: I'm here in the Marshall Islands, 600 Miles north of the equator, and 2500 miles from Honolulu. It would take me three days to get back there.

So basically, all of us who are traveling or living overseas are making the early winter possible for everyone back home! Consider this a lucky alignment of the planets!

Just keep posting the photos guys, it lets us live the snow life vicariously.

On another note, I saw an octopus while diving and got some pictures of it.

atkinson
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Just in case you haven't checked, there is snow in the forecast from now until next weekend and WDEV is already talking about another big storm for late next week.

We'll try not to track everything up CR.

John

HowieT2
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Just in case you haven't checked, there is snow in the forecast from now until next weekend and WDEV is already talking about another big storm for late next week.

John

Let's not jinx anything by talking about something that may happen 12/17-18. Not that I haven't been following said event. Have a great weekend.

walks
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Only 3 hours away and can't get up. I don't know what is worse. Being that close or 1000's of miles away.

CR, could be a solo trip for me next weekend. Wife wants to stay home and get the house in order for Christmas.

That's a good thing.

castlerock
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM

John

I have checked (I think my home page should be the BTV discussion thread). Hopefully it won't impact my connection coming back through ORD.

.......And thanks for making an effort (saving the snow). I really appreciate it!

Only 3 hours away and can't get up. I don't know what is worse. Being that close or 1000's of miles away.

CR, could be a solo trip for me next weekend. Wife wants to stay home and get the house in order for Christmas.

That's a good thing.

I'd bet it is worse to be withing driving distance...As for next weekend, It could be advantageous to for you to be up there without baggage. In case of weather, you might be my chauffeur, going up to Jay!

win
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Nope, Tin. We are spinning everything tomorrow and we will have 100% of LP open. There has not been snowmaking on Birch and Sunrise, but it has been tracked and it should ski and ride well - at least early on. Quite a bit of traffic on Castlerock these past few days, but still a lot of nice stuff for those riding the lift tomorrow. We are blowing on Hot Shot until early am and then moving over to Sleeper. The early turns down the Waterfall in nice snowmaking powder should be fun. Groomed delights tomorrow will be Upper Organgrinder, Birdland, Snowball and Spring Fling. Patrols choice tomorrow is Lift Line! It should be busy so get here early!

walks
12-08-2007, 08:17 AM

That's a good thing.

I'd bet it is worse to be withing driving distance...As for next weekend, It could be advantageous to for you to be up there without baggage. In case of weather, you might be my chauffeur, going up to Jay![/quote]

Better take the blings off and put the snows back on.