PDA

View Full Version : Castlerock Open?

madskier6
12-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I just checked the SB website & its says that all runs at Castlerock, except for Rumble, are open! :lol: They must mean these trails will be open tomorrow but nevertheless that is great news. Were they open today? Can anyone confirm? The lift/trail report also says that the Castlerock double is closed. Are they merely open for hikers/skinners?

win
12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, Patrol will be stationed there and we will allow hiking over from Heaven's Gate. We still need to have the final State lift inspection so the lift will not run, but we hope to get the Tram Authority to do their annual inspection so it can run by the weekend. No need for me to tell you that the hike will be worth it. Today on Spillsville, Ripcord, Twist the Mall, Steins, Domino, Paradise, etc. etc. etc. the conditions were; well only one word can describe them -absolutelyfantastic!

SKItheBOAT
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
don't know what the official rule today was...but all i can say is wow!!

Treeskier
12-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Be advised that the crossing can be very very rocky!! and narrow! Leave lots of space between you and the next guy. The up hill spots can be icy underneath. But I suspect the skiing is worth the hike!

Paradise at it's finest!

http://www.clubxtaski.com/Poweder%20run.jpg

More snow to come!

12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes, Patrol will be stationed there and we will allow hiking over from Heaven's Gate. We still need to have the final State lift inspection so the lift will not run, but we hope to get the Tram Authority to do their annual inspection so it can run by the weekend. No need for me to tell you that the hike will be worth it. Today on Spillsville, Ripcord, Twist the Mall, Steins, Domino, Paradise, etc. etc. etc. the conditions were; well only one word can describe them -absolutelyfantastic!

Permitted hiking to a patrolled area before a lift is running, and a first hand trail report, from the owner............
Outstanding!
Thanx Win!

Any chance of opening Mt Ellen earlier than expected now that we received a gift from mother nature, or is it still a couple of weeks away?

win
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
No on ME. As I said on a previous post we just do not have enough volume before Xmas week to run two separate areas. We are making snow there now so that when we do open on the 21st it will be really dialed in. Consider it dessert that you can look forward to after a wonderful meal! Enjoy the Rock!

12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
No on ME. As I said on a previous post we just do not have enough volume before Xmas week to run two separate areas. We are making snow there now so that when we do open on the 21st it will be really dialed in. Consider it dessert that you can look forward to after a wonderful meal! Enjoy the Rock!

Dessert it shall be!
Now if I could just place a small order for some more fresh powder, for breakfast, on a friday morning................................... 8)
Just kidding, although hopefully Ma Nature and Ole Man Winter can get together and cook it up for us!