PDA

View Full Version : how much?

asland
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM
how much snow is the bush supposed to get out of this storm?

thanks,

asland

smootharc
12-03-2007, 02:50 PM
...nice to learn from those "on mountain" how monday has gone, with perhaps a Tuesday morning "sipping coffee and looking out the window before heading to the slopes" feedback, too.

Norm's weather cam has been looking good today, as has the radar's online.

So chirp up when you're done today, you lucky to live in the valley SOB's.....us flatlanders need to know.

win
12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I am not going to predict, but the storm seems to be swirling and hanging around and we could get quite a bit more. So far, we have at least 12". This week and weekend are looking really good!

I was out for a few hours first thing this morning on a new pair of Mantras. First tracks down Paradise, my favorite trail, and it was paradise! Spillsville and Ripcord were great as was Domino. It fact everything sweet. Tomorrow we are likely to see Twist, Moonshine and The Mall!

Lostone
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
You don't want to know! :twisted:

More later... :wink:

summitchallenger
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Will be there at 9am for first chair....will let you know later...

ski_resort_observer
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Couple of pics from when I first got to LP this morning.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album39/bush12_3_071.jpg

the 8AM early bird crowd
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album39/bush12_3_072.jpg

atkinson
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Completely hurling. It's going to be great tomorrow!

John

Hardbooter
12-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I just got a report from Treeskier who skied the trees (of course.) He said by the end of the day there was enough cover to ski the woods. It should be good tomorrow but he's back to work. I hope there is something left by the weekend for us flatlanders.

freeheel_skier
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
It's puking right now!

:shock: :lol:

ski_resort_observer
12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
The cold temps last night really sucked the moisture out of the snow. Should be incredible up there today.

atkinson
12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Nah, it's really not that good. All that snow fluffing up around your knees and covering your skis so no-one knows what cool graphics they have. Better wait until it's all groomed out.

John

12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Nah, it's really not that good. All that snow fluffing up around your knees and covering your skis so no-one knows what cool graphics they have. Better wait until it's all groomed out.

John

So where's the latest photos????
C'mon and tease those who can't be there for these "awful" conditions.....

Oh wait, it's probably not a good idea to break out the camera with all that "deep" "light" "fluffy" snow flying around. :)
We understand........

HowieT2
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM

John

Yeah, please some pics for the moron who went home to do some business who's not getting anything done anyway. Argh!!!

chuck
12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
don't feel two bad Howiet2 - I did the same thing. Came back to jersey, thought i was going to have to plow. Now sitting in my office - not getting anything done - waiting for Friday to roll around...... :(

Lostone
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
but youse guys are relaxed. Not only is every muscle in my body hurting, but muscles in other people's bodies are hurting me.

See how much better you have it? 8)

Hardbooter
12-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Did anyone get into the upper mountain woods? Any reports from the long trail?

Hawk
12-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I just got a report from Treeskier who skied the trees (of course.)

I'm not sure that Treeskier is a good indicator of the conditions in the woods. I've seen him ski in the woods on one inch of crust dodging rocks and fallen trees. You ask him how it was and you get..."that was not bad" :shock: However I will say this, I did ski in similar places he did yesterday and it was possible to make some good turns in some locations. 8) We are far off from "the woods are open"

Tin Woodsman
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Photoggraphic evidence on TGR indicates some cleaner lines are there for the taking. Tread lightly me thinks.

freeheel_skier
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM

Photoggraphic evidence on TGR indicates some cleaner lines are there for the taking. Tread lightly me thinks.

Think I saw that. The ME trip report thread?

12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Lostone-

Any tree skiing reports???
Just the known, named, on piste woods please: egans, eden, paradise woods, lew's etc......
Please enlighten those of us who aren't there, some of us love the punishment :!:

Tin Woodsman
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM

Nah - that was Inverness.

There is another SB thread up there.

ski_resort_observer
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Forget those maggots, minions and munchkins over at TGR :wink:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/500/beggingdog.jpg

Lostone
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Lostone-

Just the known, named, on piste woods please: egans, eden, paradise woods, lew's etc......
Please enlighten those of us who aren't there, some of us love the punishment :!:

I've seen tracks going in, in places. I've seen people coming out of Egans, onto Lower Birdland. I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something. My theory is it was a bush that was buried at both ends, and not in the middle.

I'm conservative as to when I go into the woods, and don't think they are open for me, yet. :?

I hear people cheering, "More for me!" and I leave it to them. 8)

chuck
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm with you lostone!

skiladi
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM

I'm finding it tough to believe that it is only the first week of December. As always , be careful. ; }

summitchallenger
12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
[quote]Lostone-

I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something.

I got caught on the lip of the biking track this afternoon...no fun, but no damage. Phew.

freeheel_skier
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM

Nah - that was Inverness.

There is another SB thread up there.

Yep saw it.....nice pix :wink:

Bubba
12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Lostone-

Eden is wicked clean. Lew's, not so much.

skibum1321
12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Lostone-

I've seen tracks going in, in places. I've seen people coming out of Egans, onto Lower Birdland. I saw two nasty crashes on Lower Birdland, where people got caught by something. My theory is it was a bush that was buried at both ends, and not in the middle.

I'm conservative as to when I go into the woods, and don't think they are open for me, yet. :?

I hear people cheering, "More for me!" and I leave it to them. 8)
I'm with ya there. I need a couple more feet - no need to get snagged in some brush and twist something (or worse).

sugarboarder
12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Paradise woods (snowboarder's left) and Lower Paradise/Ripcord woods were nice - if taken with care. That's where I went after the chowder kicked in. I'm usually REALLY leery of early season woods due to an injury in same years ago, but after I ducked in just test a few turns, I found it to be plenty good. I didn't go full on of course, but poder turns are powder turns and I got plenty! Me like. 8)

Abe Froman
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Paradise woods (snowboarder's left) and Lower Paradise/Ripcord woods were nice - if taken with care. That's where I went after the chowder kicked in. I'm usually REALLY leery of early season woods due to an injury in same years ago, but after I ducked in just test a few turns, I found it to be plenty good. I didn't go full on of course, but poder turns are powder turns and I got plenty! Me like. 8)

I went in early last season....early feb. Tells you last year's snow pack vs this year. Last year I got hung up..Upside down and spent 15min trying to get outta my board. Now I like the rule of 3 in the trees!

Tin Woodsman
12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
MRG cam and local NWS radar indicate it's dumping. Any first hand reports?

Lostone
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't say it is dumping, but it has been snowing for hours. It is a light fluffy cream covering. :)

sugarboarder
12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
About an inch here on Roxbury Mtn. Road just above East Warren, but the mountain is socked in and not visible...sure does look like wintah around heeyah.