PDA

View Full Version : Weather....looking into the crystal ball for this weekend.

smootharc
11-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Anyone ?

summitchallenger
11-28-2007, 04:29 PM
The sun will rise on Saturday and Sunday mornings...and set in the evenings. :wink:

Other than that, I dunno.

Lostone
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
A little far out for me to trust any forecasts, but this (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=BTV&llon=-73.047083&rlon=-72.119583&tlat=44.717917&blat=43.792917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=42&map.y=160) says it should be a nice day on Saturday and possible snow on Sunday. We'll know better... Monday afternoon. :wink:

noski
11-28-2007, 05:07 PM
huummmmmmmmm.......hummmmmmmmmm..... I see Snow Sunday pm...oh! And what is that....? A nice front loaded snowy December? hummmmmmmm....... (I am going to start capitalizing "Snow" from now. We need to show more respect.)

chuck
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Along the lines of weekend weather. I'm bringing my four year old up from jersey for first turns of her second ski season - any chatter on potential terrain expansion for the weekend?

Lostone
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
The flags are still up on First Time, but I didn't really look to see what kind of cover it had. Easy Rider is no way, without a surprise snow storm.

The guns are blasting on Domino Chute and the rest of Lower Jester. :)

Tin Woodsman
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I think we're looking at nice chances for light to moderate accumulations tomorrow and Friday then a potentially large storm comes in for early next week. Either way, it's not going to be above freezing at mid-mountain through at least next Wednesday, so the guns will be blasting all over the place.

win
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
We were on Birdland last night after 8pm until this morning, and today it skied fabulously. We only had an inch of snow but it blended really well with the grooming on Upper Jestere and Downspout, and they were both sweet. We are now blowing on Domino Chutes, Organgrinder Flats, Middle Organgrinder and Middle and Lower Jester. They are coming in nicely. It will warm up a bit tomorrow and we could see some snow. The temperatures turn cold -especially at night - over the weekend and we will move our snowmaking to Snowball and Spring Fling. There is a chance we could ski those on Sunday. Not a promise but we'll try. After that we are moving over to Gate House and want to get Pushover and Easy Rider open by next weekend which is the start of the seasonal Blazer programs and the following week in Ski the Valley. If we do both the Gate House and the Village chairs will turn. I think that this will be a good weekend from what we see right now and only a few more inches would allow us to open some natural terrain again as there is a firm base still there. Bravo spins at 8am this Saturday and Sunday and will every weekend and Holiday from now on!

chuck
11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Win - thanks for the update!

HowieT2
11-28-2007, 08:56 PM
We were on Birdland last night after 8pm until this morning, and today it skied fabulously. We only had an inch of snow but it blended really well with the grooming on Upper Jestere and Downspout, and they were both sweet. We are now blowing on Domino Chutes, Organgrinder Flats, Middle Organgrinder and Middle and Lower Jester. They are coming in nicely. It will warm up a bit tomorrow and we could see some snow. The temperatures turn cold -especially at night - over the weekend and we will move our snowmaking to Snowball and Spring Fling. There is a chance we could ski those on Sunday. Not a promise but we'll try. After that we are moving over to Gate House and want to get Pushover and Easy Rider open by next weekend which is the start of the seasonal Blazer programs and the following week in Ski the Valley. If we do both the Gate House and the Village chairs will turn. I think that this will be a good weekend from what we see right now and only a few more inches would allow us to open some natural terrain again as there is a firm base still there. Bravo spins at 8am this Saturday and Sunday and will every weekend and Holiday from now on!

Thanks. My son is so excited for the 8 am start since he has to leave early for a party. Mom, not so much.