PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Report (Nov. 25th)

summitchallenger
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Date(s) Skied: November 25, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush (where else?) :wink:

Conditions: P/MG/FG

2007-2008 Trip #: 4

Trip Report: Back up for seconds. The plan was to get there plenty early and to get out when things got too busy or dicey. Good plan. I got a sweet spot in the lot…literally the first row. It was nice. Got my ticket and headed out to the lift carrel.

They were nice enough to let us on at 8:55. One guy grumbled that he thought they opened at 8am…I said 9am until more terrain opened. That was the case today and more terrain DID open and I was ready.

As Win leaked late last night, (http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1142) Birdland was the place to be and I was there first thing. Wow. Nice soft snow, good cover, and later some nice bumps. Not good: the train of people barreling down it, but that comes with the turf and everyone was having a great time.

I ripped up the chowder on the first run, loving every minute. Lower Jester was not too bad...the waterbars were tricky but doable. Later in the day they got more and more filled in.

Next run was down Murphy’s where I found Lostone and all of his friends :wink: ripping some nice turns. The snow was tricky…there was a crust that slowed you down and you had to be careful. Still nice.

I did two more spins down Birdland…eating up the nice pow…before going to Allyn’s at 10am to see if anyone from SkiMRV wanted to take some turns. No takers. So off to the summit for three runs down Jester. The winds and traffic were doing a number on some of the turns and Deathspout was a sheet of ice in places. Not as many skiers, thank God.

Last run I cut down Allyn’s Traverse to Murphy’s Glade to find that it was set up real nice. The snow was consistently soft and edgeable. Awesome. I did one more round down a great Birdland, with chowder and soft bumps, before calling it quits. Lower Jester was a mess at one section…rocks and dirt getting tossed up. It will be fine tomorrow I imagine.

I called it quits at 12 noon because it was icy up top, it was getting crowded, and Lower Jester was getting sketchy. Nine or ten runs…not bad…good snow and great weather. I will be back up next weekend.