PDA

View Full Version : First Natural Snow Trails to Open in the East!

atkinson
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Ripcord, Spillsville, and Lower Paradise opened this morning!

Last year, these trails didn't open until after Christmas. Come on winter 2007-2008!

John

castlerock
11-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Early turns got the worm...or something like that...
The contrast in texture between the aforementioned natural snow trails and deathspout was significant.
It was a nice taste

shadyjay
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
The contrast in texture between the aforementioned natural snow trails and deathspout was significant.
It was a nice taste

yeah, definetely deathspout today! that's the only thing that kept me from not staying there for more than 2 hours today. jester from the top was nice, but everyone on deathspout = a nightmare. a pure ice syndrom just before the organgrinder merge, and from the slow sign, down. far left wasn't bad. way too many folks there for that "one way down". then i get home and see it wasn't - birdland and murphys opened. well, that'll teach me to leave early. oh well. better luck next time :-)
(signature updated 11/24)

boze
11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
It was a nice taste

yeah, definetely deathspout today! .... then i get home and see it wasn't - birdland and murphys opened. well, that'll teach me to leave early. oh well. better luck next time :-)
(signature updated 11/24)

RE "birdland and murphys opened"...I was on the mountain until 315p and did not see those 2 trails open by then. And I was looking for more trails to open their doors, so to speak (yeah, I'm greedy that way...AND I was with my solid-skiing-seven-year-old daughter who was skiing with me & my 10 yr old powder-loving son).

A very late opening? Or are you inferring their opening from the now-updated trail report (for tomorrow, me thinks...) ?

Lostone
11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
As I was riding up Bravo, today, I remarked to the guy riding up with me how nice Birdland looked.

And having Lower Jester added as a way down... Priceless! :D

boze
11-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Fully agree, Lostone.
My son also remarked about Birdland's stunning good looks. Not surprised Win mentioned it in another post as a destination for tomorrow.

Ohh baby!