PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Update

win
11-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I just came down from some runs. It is foggy and misty and there is a bit of an inversion. It is skiing like Spring with soft wet snow. It will definitely get the quads in shape. I skied Downspout, Organgrinder, Jester and then all the way down. They have reallly good depth. The snow held up very well, and we had very little loss. All the natural trails that I could see have several inches of snow on them and when they set up they will provide a good solid base for either snow making or natural snow, so we should be able to start expanding terrain, if we do not have any prolonged warm weather. The temperatures will beginning falling in early afternoon and it will harden by day's end. Tonight we will be tracking Jester and Downspout and tilling them out early in the morning so they will be freshly groomed in the am. The best skiing tomorrow will be early. We will also turn the snow guns down all of Upper Organgrinder, so I think this will provide some nice early morning skiing as well on some fresh powder. Tomorrow night is going to be very cold and will provide for some excellent snow making opportunities. We will decide tomorrow where to go. Enjoy and ski and ride safely. Knees are vulnerable in this soft snow!

BushMogulMaster
11-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the update, Win. Wish I could be there to makes some turns with you! Here's to a Happy Sugarbush Thanksgiving, and a good turnout all weekend :D

KingM
11-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Sounds great. I bought our passes and am planning to bring the inlaws up on Saturday. I'm hoping we have a favorable 36 hours of weather and I'm sure the man made stuff will be as good as it always is at the Bush.

summitchallenger
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the update. It rained here pretty much all day in the NEK. I XC skied for 30 minutes...and got rained on....it is slow to change here....but the winds are backing into the NW out of Canada and cold air is coming in.....

See you on Saturday and Sunday!

Lostone
11-22-2007, 08:56 PM
The good news is, I get to the mountain and see Win, who said, We've got some great spring skiing up there".

The good news is, I went up and We had some great spring skiing up there. The snow was soft, and tho there were pockets of rain and I ended up being totally soaked, it was not raining all the time, and the temperature was warm enough that I was comfortable, all the time. It was very good skiing. http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/ski.gif

The good news is I skied for about 3 hours, then went to a great Thanxgiving dinner with some friends, and had a great time. Now I may have to have my bindings reset because I weigh about 15 pounds more than I did, this morning.

The good news is, I came out, after eating and my car was covered with snow, and the temperature dropped, as I drove up the mountain.

The bad news?

The good news is, I've decided to let someone else handle the bad news. :lol:

Hope you all had a great Thanxgiving! :)

HowieT2
11-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. Doesn't look like I'm escaping from the in-laws much to the chagrin of my son. Enjoy the turns. Think snow.

ski_resort_observer
11-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Really turned into a gorgeous afternoon!

boze
11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Leaving CT now for the weekend up on the mountain. My 2 kids are totally psyched...as is dad, and mom's 'taking one for the team'!

Just hope there's not so much i-c-e...but it is Nov afterall!!

ski_resort_observer
11-23-2007, 02:56 PM
:lol: :lol: now it's cloudy and lightly snowing............

boze
11-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Arrived in a light flurry after 6p, and it stayed that way through the evening with sporadic 'bursts'. Nice way to start the 07/08 season, for a low-lander like me. Saw Win at check-in. Mentioned the board, confessed to being good friends with 'Howie-of-the-lost-ski' - and shared a laugh. Great meal at Common Man. (Win: we'll get to Timbers, again, soon, I promise)

Nice birch wood fire.

Watching the crew set up a snow gun near bottom of Cat's Meow / Racer's Edge from my perch at Snowcreek.

And, based only on the snowmobile traffic I've heard / seen for the past few hours - understanding that it's 11:27p - I'd have to guess they're getting ready to 'surprise announce' a higher open trail count.

At the least it should be ski in/out from Snowcreek, which will be an outstanding way to go get the 'new media' for our season passes. See you on the mtn...