PDA

View Full Version : Dec. schedule

shadyjay
11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Since the website seems to be lacking events past the first week of Dec, figured someone here might know the answers:

- any ideas when mt ellen is "scheduled" to open for the season?
- any idea when the birthday deal will be this year? dec 21? usually its the fri before.

Thx! - See y'all on the hill again for my Day 2 on Sat Nov 24, w/p, c/p

chuck
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I believe that Mt. Ellen is scheduled to open on Dec. 22nd.

As for the Annual B'day event, have not seen any information on that yet.

Lostone
11-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Chuck is correct on the Mt Ellen opening.

And the word we got was that there will be no anniversary price day this year. The concentration will be on next year, when it will be the 50th anniversary.

shadyjay
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Dec 22 opening for Mt Ellen? Damn... that seems a lot later than usual. IN the past, its been the second week of Dec for the opening of the "other mountain". Oh well. That'll give me more time at L/P then.

No b-day deal day I guess is no big deal - just gotta find a new way to celebrate my 30th since me and sugarbush almost share the same birthday and the discount day has been my birthday gift to myself (yes, I know, I'm cheap).

tymoguls
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Dec 22 does seem late for ME opening day. I guess I'll take my kids and explore the competition until then.

summitchallenger
11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
No Mt. Ellen until Dec 22nd??? With all this snow???? Seems like a waste...

BushMogulMaster
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
No Mt. Ellen until Dec 22nd??? With all this snow???? Seems like a waste...

Yep. It does.

Yard Sale
11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
When Ellen was open early, South would open around the 10th of December.

BushMogulMaster
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
When Ellen was open early, South would open around the 10th of December.

This is what we call "mountain discrimination." :wink:

Ok, I'll shut up. Everyone knows my opinion........

summitchallenger
11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
We need to start a "Mt Ellen Love Thread!"

:wink:

BushMogulMaster
11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
We need to start a "Mt Ellen Love Thread!"

:wink:

Done.

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1135

Bubba
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Dec 22 does seem late for ME opening day. I guess I'll take my kids and explore the competition until then.

What's wrong with LP?

tymoguls
11-20-2007, 11:53 AM

What's wrong with LP?

It's not covered on my ME only pass. We got two free S**** cards as part of a local merchants' promotion. So it won't cost any extra to head north on 100 instead of south, plus we get the added benefit of exploring some new terrain.

I'll be making a post to the "I love ME" thread soon.

Lostone
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Don't worry Mt. Ellen passholders - your passes will be good at Lincoln Peak until Mt. Ellen opens for the season. :wink:

Hawk
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Thank you Lostone..... :wink:

Tin Woodsman
11-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't worry Mt. Ellen passholders - your passes will be good at Lincoln Peak until Mt. Ellen opens for the season. :wink:

But I think that deal is in place for this year only b/c some ME passes were sold prior to this decision being made. correct?

Lostone
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I couldn't say for sure, but it would be a logical reason, and fit in with their honoring ME passes at South, last season, and then instituting the ME+.

win
11-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Distance makes the Heart grow fonder. Write your love notes about ME, so you are even more passionate when we open the weekend before Christmas.

Here is the reason. We have two separate mountains with tremenous capacity, and we just do not get the skier visits until Christmas week. In the past when we opened ME first, we really had to open LP early because seasonal ALC programs begin the second weekend in December and they and out other major services are located at LP not to mention the majority of home and condo owners. We are trying to run the Resort sensibly so that we have the means to keeping funding the future and building a quality product for all. Thus, we think it is economically prudent to run LP for the first month and them have both open in time for the onslaught over Christmas and keep both open everyday until ME closes the end of March. We will begin snowmaking at ME shortly so that when we open we have as much terrain at both mountains available. ME passholders can ski and ride at LP until ME opens.

shadyjay
11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the information as always, Win.

Is the Mt Ellen pass from now on going to include pre-season skiing/riding at Lincoln Peak or is this just a one-time deal since this is the first year in XX years that LP has been the first mountain? I have the ME Plus pass which has late season at LP after ME closes. But next year, would a traditional ME passholder be permitted into LP prior to ME's opening?

(ps - thx for the sneak preview weekend - what a great day last sat!!!)

gone.skiing
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Win,
will GMVS be training at LP until ME opens? When do they start?