PDA

View Full Version : November 17th Trip Report

summitchallenger
11-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Date(s) Skied: November 17, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush

Conditions: PP/P Moguls

2007-2008 Report: 1.

Trip Report: Welcome back to ski season! After an all too dramatic six month hiatus, I was in much need of some snow therapy. Win and crew delivered…a great first day to be on the slopes and everyone was grinning ear to ear!

I pulled in at 8:45. Got a good parking spot. Went to get my ticket and found a HUGE line for season passes :o Fear not, the SB crew directed me to another line and I got my ticket. The new lodge: very nice. A bit smaller than I would like it to be, but heck, it beats the original Gatehouse. Once Valley House gets going, it will be better.

Got booted up and headed to the lift. First chair was at 9:21. After getting scanned by the cute lifties (pun intended maybe), I was up Bravo. At the top, I departed and howled as I made my first turns down Downspout (aka ‘Deathspout’ after about 12 noon or so…)

I scanned Organgrinder and thought that it was probably Franken snow, so I decided to warm up down Jester. The lines at Heaven’s Gate were never more than 2 minutes. Amazing.

I departed at the top in a mini-blizzard and headed down Jester. Amazing. Can I say midwinter conditions? Everyone was having a great time…no rude folks to be seen.

Next run was down Jester again and then I finally charged down an incredibly soft, bumpy, powdery bliss that was Organgrinder. Wow. My legs and those noodle rock skis were not ready for the incredible pow that was on this trail. Everyone was smiles and hoots. It was great.

After a couple more spins down Jester, I headed to Bravo and downloaded to get the 110 cm skis. Good choice.

For the rest of the afternoon, I zoomed around on the short boards. Much more stable. I also hit Organgrinder twice more. Another good move…the bumps and pow was amazing for November. No rocks, no ice, no grass, no trees, no waterbars. Just pure bliss.

I had a nice lunch at Allyn’s…and then closed with two more runs down Jester. The morning was snowy and cloudy, but the afternoon was bluebird. Amazing.

Back tomorrow for seconds…