PDA

View Full Version : Best Eastern Powder Ski - now that we are talk'in POW!

djd66
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I Demo'd the Rossi B4 178 - loved it in Colorado and was thinking of getting this as my eastern powder ski. Any other ski I should be thinking of?

walks
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Volkl mantra's and the Goat's. Have both and love them. Numerous friends who are riding the Mantra's and love the ski as well.

Tin Woodsman
11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know how long you can wait, or how big a guy you are, but I'm a big fan of the PM Gear 179 cm stiff. Rips in the trees and pow while giving you a nice response and carviness on the groomed.

Edit: I'd also second the props for the Mantra - great ski

ski_it
11-15-2007, 03:49 PM
** Dynastar Legend Pro Rider **
they're fat under foot but are built like a race ski so you can go fast and put them on edge in hardpack, ice, etc. Love 'em.

I also have a pair of the Salomon Ten-Eighty Guns (formerly known as Pocket Rockets, now known just as Gun for 2008)
They aren't as stiff as the Pro Rider, but they are a lot of fun, and at 94 mm at waist, they do great in powder. They are twin tips- anyone want to teach me to go switch this year?

Tin - do you ski on the Bro's?

Tin Woodsman
11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Tin - do you ski on the Bro's?

Oui.

castlerock
11-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Not to quibble terms here. But we need to define the exercise. One Ski Quiver or Powder ski. For the One Ski Quiver, the Mantra, Bro, Monster88, Prophet90. But if you are talking about a powder ski, Go all the way. Goats, Prophet100/130, Watea, etc. The one thing (some) folks will do in the east is shorten them up a bit, the woods are tighter here.

walks
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Castlerock,

There is no place on this planet where the woods are to tight for you.

I bought a dirt bike helmet with a full face mask for this year.

walks
11-16-2007, 09:55 AM
I Demo'd the Rossi B4 178 - loved it in Colorado and was thinking of getting this as my eastern powder ski. Any other ski I should be thinking of?

djd66, I have a pair of Freeride plus's that are practically brand new from last year I am looking to get rid of cheap. They would look good on any of these ski's.

asland
11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
head im88. Awesome charger of a ski.

asland

skibum1321
11-20-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Legend Pro.

Not surprising, but I am debating between the Legend Pro, Monster 88 and Mantra for my next pair of skis. I'll demo them this winter but haven't skied any to date.

MntMan4Bush
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
I used to rock the pocket rockets and loved them, but I wanted something a bit narrower and better in the bumps. I've settled on the Rossi Scratch BC Sprayers (The sprayers are slightly narrower then the normal BC). I think they are perfect for out here in the East. They handle everything. Bumps, groomers, ice, powder. I love them. I also took them out west last year to Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude for the last week of February when we got 82 inches out there that week and they ate up the pow like a fat kid going to town on a twinkie.