PDA

View Full Version : Official Word -

win
11-14-2007, 09:36 AM
While our Official Start to the winter ski & ride season remains Thanksgiving Day, in honor of the 30th anniversary of the New England Ski Museum which is having their annual dinner here Saturday evening and the return of Stein Erikson to Sugarbush for this event we will have a "sneak preview" of winter on Saturday and Sunday. While we planned an opening next week, the quality of the snow we have made is just too good not to open for our guests. I personally hiked up to Heaven's Gate last Sunday, and you can see some of the pictures I took by clicking on Win's Word on Sugarbush.com and looking at favorite pictures.

The Bravo and Heaven's gate lifts will begin spinning at 9am and last chair up Bravo will be at 3pm. We will have skiing and riding on Upper Jester, Organgrinder and Downspout with downloading most likely on Bravo. If we can have top to bottom we will, but a lot will depend on the weather the next few days. Ticket prices will be $40 for all adults, $36 for Sugarcard holders and $30 for juniors. We will be grooming Jester and winching Downspout on Friday, and we expect that we will be skiing and riding on some nice fresh powder on Organgrinder Saturday morning. While tomorrow will be warm and wet, we expect that temperatures will fall on Thursday and that we will resume snowmaking later on Thursday and into early Saturday morning, and it appears that we might even get some of the fresh stuff.

Please be aware that for safety reasons we will be strictly enforcing the No Hiking policy. Winching will occur most of the day on Friday, and we do not want anyone on the mountain who is not working while the cable is exposed. Any one violating this policy will have skiing and riding privileges revoked. Please understand the danger of being on the slopes while this grooming operation is in progress.

We do not plan to operate the lifts from Monday through Wednesday to complete our final preparation for our Official Opening Thanksgiving Day. On Thursday, we will plan to open the lifts at 9am and will make every attempt to be top to bottom by then, if not before if the temperatures permit.

And so it begins!

summitchallenger
11-14-2007, 09:51 AM
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got plans for this weekend now!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwt
11-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks, saves me $60! That's right, $60 at K-Mart Sat. . . . . while you guys are 33% less for tickets. A little volume doesn't hurt.
Pray for snow this weekend and hopefully we will c ontinue the Amrch/April '07 madness.

Lostone
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanx for the info, Win.

Yippy Yippy Yippy Yippy!!

Now... What shall I do this weekend? :lol:

noski
11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Now... What shall I do this weekend? :lol:

hello.....Cabot Hosiery Sock Sale, duh!

Lostone
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
OF COURSE!!!! I've been needing new socks.

People have been telling me to put a sock in it for a while, now! :cry:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :lol:

Hawk
11-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Yahoo!!!! See you all on the hill or at Castlerock for a Switchback. 8)

teleo
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Psyched :lol:

Now I can open the rental and ski :!:

Thanks Win, nice welcoming present.

HowieT2
11-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Happy day are here again!! Yoy!

Treeskier
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks! Win. See you this weekend! :) Yahhooooooooooooooooo

WWF-VT