PDA

View Full Version : whats up?

thedisemboweler
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
first post over here....coming on over from my beloved killington....soon to be my beloved sugarbush :lol: :lol:

11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
first post over here....coming on over from my beloved killington....soon to be my beloved sugarbush :lol: :lol:

Welcome Dis.

HowieT2
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Would you mind sharing why you are switching?

I have heard anecdotal evidence of others who are abandoning K-mart and coming to SB (that is assuming that thedismeboweler is not the one I heard this from).

thedisemboweler
11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Welcome Dis.

thanks greg....

thedisemboweler
11-06-2007, 04:13 PM

I have heard anecdotal evidence of others who are abandoning K-mart and coming to SB (that is assuming that thedismeboweler is not the one I heard this from).

powdr puff....i was at sb pres weekend 1997 for a day & it was quite the experience....a true vermont ski experience....very very nice folks....love those little little lodges all over the mtn....i been a k skier for 15 years staying at my beloved www.turnofriverlodge.com for 10 of those years....where in ny r u? im out on long island....

HowieT2
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM

powdr puff....i was at sb pres weekend 1997 for a day & it was quite the experience....a true vermont ski experience....very very nice folks....love those little little lodges all over the mtn....i been a k skier for 15 years staying at my beloved www.turnofriverlodge.com for 10 of those years....where in ny r u? im out on long island....

Then you are not who I heard the same thing from. I come up from Upper Westchester.

thedisemboweler
11-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Then you are not who I heard the same thing from. I come up from Upper Westchester.

i run hutch to 684 to 84 so i probably pass ur town....people do 80+ on 684....

HowieT2
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM

I'm on the Hudson, so I take the Taconic and if I did 80 I would be dead.

thedisemboweler
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM

hudson river? or henry hudson pkwy? taconic is brutal....

Bush Groomer
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM

yo, Hal U. Dewin??

HowieT2
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Funny you should say that. I'm near the Hudson river. The first time I ever drove up to Vermont was about 1985 when I was a freshman in college and I took the Taconic. I vowed never to take the godforsaken road again. Now some 20 years later I drive it so much I could do it blindfolded (don't tell the wife). It's just that where I'm situated I have to go out of my way significantly to get to 91 or 87. I've experimented with many routes and can't beat the the 4+ hours I can make it in taking the Taconic. On the plus side, they repaved a good portion of the road this summer, so it is much smoother. I have never hit traffic. I put the cruise control on 71 and the law seems to be ok with that (so far).

random_ski_guy
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
shhhhhh. don't blow it howie, we don't need anymore people cruising the taconic. its RELATIVELY traffic free even on the busiest of holiday periods. while i don't take the taconic to sugarbush, i do take it all the time to my hometown, chatham ny. let the hordes take I-87. :wink:

HowieT2
11-07-2007, 04:15 PM
shhhhhh. don't blow it howie, we don't need anymore people cruising the taconic. its RELATIVELY traffic free even on the busiest of holiday periods. while i don't take the taconic to sugarbush, i do take it all the time to my hometown, chatham ny. let the hordes take I-87. :wink:

I drive through Chatham on 295 on the way. Any recommendations where to stop for a decent quick bite to eat. My route is kind of lacking in that respect.

random_ski_guy
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
food in chatham??? not an easy call anymore. i'll have to think about this. places are always coming and going or changing their stripes. i rarely eat out when visiting the homefront these days (when i do we tend to head over to berkshire county), so i really don't have good off the cuff answers. if you have time for a real meal, i suggest giving mario's, just up the road on rte 22 in new lebanon, a try. its been there forever and you won't have to diverge from the direct rte to vt.

summitchallenger
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the "not so dark side," Dis.

Gonna have to grab some runs....

HowieT2
11-08-2007, 08:01 AM
food in chatham??? not an easy call anymore. i'll have to think about this. places are always coming and going or changing their stripes. i rarely eat out when visiting the homefront these days (when i do we tend to head over to berkshire county), so i really don't have good off the cuff answers. if you have time for a real meal, i suggest giving mario's, just up the road on rte 22 in new lebanon, a try. its been there forever and you won't have to diverge from the direct rte to vt.

Does mario's have pizza? If so, I'm there. I take 295 to Quechee Lake drive to 22. Do I hit it?
Thanks.

random_ski_guy
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Mario's is more formal than pizza, its up a notch or two from being a pizza joint. Its a full menued italian restaurant. Its on the left side of 22 when driving north in New Lebanon. Its somewhere opposite the Stewarts in New Lebanon, but before the Hess station when headed north.

HowieT2
11-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Mario's is more formal than pizza, its up a notch or two from being a pizza joint. Its a full menued italian restaurant. Its on the left side of 22 when driving north in New Lebanon. Its somewhere opposite the Stewarts in New Lebanon, but before the Hess station when headed north.

Thanks. We'll check it out.