PDA

View Full Version : Ski school question

HowieT2
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
We are newbies to being up for the season. My daughter is 7 and she won't be there every weekend. Probably 2-3 out of 4 weekends plus the holidays. Is it OK to enroll her in the seasonal "Snowblazers" program even though she won't be there "all" the time?

Thank you.

daevious
11-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Yes, that's OK--many of the Blazer kids do that.

HowieT2
11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes, that's OK--many of the Blazer kids do that.

Thank you.

castlerock
11-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I hate to bring it up Howie, but that is child abuse.....

Imagine, not allowing your child to ski every weekend. This can't be tolerated!

Seriously, the Blazers are a great program (with one caveat, as always the right coach makes all the difference) and you might be getting pressure to be there every weekend. I know I was...

ski_resort_observer
11-03-2007, 10:29 AM

Seriously, the Blazers are a great program (with one caveat, as always the right coach makes all the difference) and you might be getting pressure to be there every weekend. I know I was...

:lol:

Yard Sale
11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
My kids are in Blazers and have been in ski school. The ski school is great. Blazers is better.
Same coach every week, so you're not starting from square one on a weekly basis as the instructors do not have to make assesments on new students. Blazers go to funner places and do funner things. So the envelope can be pushed further over the course of a season. The drop off is far less hectic as it is right at the Gatehouse lift no forms no lines. The ski school does a fine job but the logistics they must work with have more varibles involved.

My kids ski just about every weekend. Sometimes they just want to ski w/ visiting friends or maybe just a day with Mom and or Dad. It didn't seem to be a problem and I tried to keep their coach in tune w/ what we were up to on any given weekend.

HowieT2
11-03-2007, 01:06 PM

It would only be abuse if it was my son I was talking about. :P