PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Nov. 22, 24, 25th @ 10am at Allyn's Lodge Map

summitchallenger
11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Who's game?

I am seriously considering being there on Thanksgiving AM for some turns....and then coming back for more....

skiladi
11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Who's game?

I am seriously considering being there on Thanksgiving AM for some turns....and then coming back for more....

I will be there.

HowieT2
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Who's game?

I will be there.

Unfortunately, I have to go to my in-laws for thanksgiving so I'll have to wait until december.

djd66
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Who's game?

I will be there.

Unfortunately, I have to go to my in-laws for thanksgiving so I'll have to wait until december.

Chomping at the bit! I'll be there.

Lostone
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Depends on the rules.

Last year, all staff were blocked from skiing from Thursday to Sunday. If that is so again, this year, I might work on one of the weekend days, but other than that will not likely spend much time over at the base area.

On the other hand, if it is cold enough that they're able to get enough snow down, I'll just have to deal with it. :wink:

Let's hope for http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_snow.gif snow! http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_spread.gif

win
11-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I guess I will be there, too!

skibum1321
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I have to go the the 'rents house in RI for Thanksgiving, but I hopefully will be able to make it up for skiing on Sat and Sun...

summitchallenger
11-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Good crowd so far...do you have a meeting spot and time like the crew at K-Zone does? Maybe we should set a board spot and time for weekends for folks to rendezvous....one spot at LP and one at Ellen.

shadyjay
11-05-2007, 08:23 PM
As much as I'm craving the start of the season, I don't know about fighting the crowds down Jester and Deathspout if that's the only route, and then downloading on the Bravo. I like a little variety so I'm not the one holding everyone up. That, and I have to go to CT..........
but if I see while I'm down there that its dumping and snowmaking conditions have been favorable to open more terrain, I may just have to say my goodbyes a day or two early to hit up the hill. As long as the MtnRydr has gotten its yearly checkup, and that I'm not still celebrating the holiday, I'll try to get up Sunday, or Sat. If not, then I'm looking at a Nov 30 or Dec 1 start date for my season.

Schusseur
11-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I'll be there for sure.

summitchallenger
11-07-2007, 10:13 PM
So do folks have a normal meeting spot? Do we want to have one?

Lostone
11-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I would suggest by the Super Bravo coral, but a few steps back, so as not to block people heading to it. I'd also suggest a time that allows the early birds to get in a run or two instead of having to wait for the... not-so-early-birds. :wink:

That said, I really am expecting to be working Saturday, if I can get it in the schedule, and that is usually doable. If so, I'll be around, but will be unlikely to make the first meeting of the minds/mindless. :lol:

summitchallenger
11-10-2007, 11:00 PM
How about this:

Weekends and Holidays: 10 am meeting at Super Bravo coral...over by the trail map on the left...

ME meeting spot: same time, only at GMX base over near the ticket shack.

summitchallenger
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Firing this thread up...Super Bravo Area (back upslope a bit). Want to say 10am again?

Who's game?

Hopefully Howie finds his ski... :wink:

HowieT2
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Firing this thread up...Super Bravo Area (back upslope a bit). Want to say 10am again?

Who's game?

Hopefully Howie finds his ski... :wink:

Just to make it interesting, $100 reward to anyone who finds the K2 Apache crossfire 160 cm on or about the middle of grinder before I have to buy the demos.

I won't make it thursday, but friday might have to happen, if I can get a pass from the wife to leave the in-laws. On my best behavior. Wish me luck.

HowieT2
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
How about this:

Weekends and Holidays: 10 am meeting at Super Bravo coral...over by the trail map on the left...

I'd suggest Alyn's. There are days when I don't want to go back down to the SB and stray to far from Heavens Gate.

summitchallenger
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
How about this:

I'd suggest Alyn's. There are days when I don't want to go back down to the SB and stray to far from Heavens Gate.

That sounds good...we can do it again...

In front of the trail map at Allyn's...10am

boze
11-18-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm likely a late Friday arrival for Saturday tracks w/ my son. Also going into 'best behavior' mode... 8)

summitchallenger
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Hope to see you all on Thursday at Allyn's.

summitchallenger
11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
So do the lifts open at 9am on Thursday? 8am? Or is it admission by secret SkiMRV.com handshake?

Lostone
11-20-2007, 09:36 AM
They spin at 9, unless you know the secret SkiMRV handshake. Then it is 7:30. :)

Unfortunately, Noski is the only one who knows what the handshake is, and she's never there. :?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :lol:

summitchallenger
11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Please tell me that r%^& is not going to happen...if it does, I will take a r^&*check folks and be there Saturday and Sunday....

Lostone
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanksgiving Day: Periods of rain, mainly before 11am, then rain and snow showers likely, mainly between 2pm and 3pm, then a chance of snow showers after 4pm. High near 43. North wind between 3 and 7 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Forecast NOAA @ 2932'. (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=BTV&llon=-73.047083&rlon=-72.119583&tlat=44.717917&blat=43.792917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=42&map.y=160)

summitchallenger
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Weather is not looking good for tomorrow... :roll: :cry:

I think I may wait until Saturday and Sunday.

I will be at the trail map at Allyn's on Saturday and Sunday at 10am for anyone who wants to join me....

Lostone
11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Can't argue with you about the 10:00 meeting, but you might want to keep an eye on the place.

Snow should start out wet and very nice, and if it turns early and hard, we may have to deal with http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/icon_snow.gif

We can only hope... http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album38/ski.gif

summitchallenger
11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
The timing of the changeover is off for me...it is set to change to rain and then back to snow in the PM. My turkey day festivities are in the early afternoon in the NEK. So I was planning a 9-12 outing...which looks to be axed due to the weather.

See you on Saturday and Sunday!!!!

11-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't let a little rain deter you. It might make filling your belly at T-day dinner feel that much better! ;)

win
11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
I am going up in the morning to check things out and will give you an update on the plan for Friday through Sunday. I am cautiously optimistic that we might actually be in for some good skiing and riding and possibly some trail expansion. It has been raining but the temperatures have been ranging around 28-33 degrees most of the day. I drove to Burlington and it was raining harder, was 5-6 degrees warmer and there was no snow on the ground. The conditions are very different in the Mad River Valley. If you don't mind some showers, tomorrow might find some fun soft turns on Organgrinder tomorrow morning. We are staying off the snow and not grooming tonight, so when it changes over as expected tomorrow afternoon and into the night, it should bond well and then the groomers can do a nice job for Friday. I do not think we will lose very much cover and then we should gain some. We will be back at snowmaking later tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving! See you on the Mountain.

djd66
11-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you guys going to meet by Allyn's at 10:00 on Friday? I will try to meet up with you if my wife doesn't ski with me.

summitchallenger
11-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Personally, I will be there on Saturday and Sunday...I'm hoping we can get a regular meeting spot and time for folks to meet and ski together...like they do at K-Zone.

teleo
11-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I should eventually reach escape velocity and get up to VT tonight. I'll swing by Allyn's on Sat and Sun.

how is the snowmaking going today?

Lostone
11-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I've been off the mountain for a while now, but when I was there they pulled the guns off Downspout. The snow they had been making was a deep soft, very carveable snow. I think they pulled the guns off because there were so many people going down the trail.

That was good, because it was in everyone's face, but it was bad because we need those guns.

The snow on Organgrinder was also a good snow, and it sounded like the guns were working the Traverse, working another way down, which will be great. (No guns on Spring Fling or Lower Snowball yet.)

I stopped by Allyn's at almost exactly 10:00, and there was nobody near the map, or on the deck. I continued on my way, as I knew I wasn't long for the mountain, today.

summitchallenger
11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Will be at the map at 10 am tomorrow and Sunday. SRO, we should take some runs since AZ is not coming....

ski_resort_observer
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Will be at the map at 10 am tomorrow and Sunday. SRO, we should take some runs since AZ is not coming....

Thanks but I'm gonna wait for some more terrain to open up. Bummed Andy and Vee won't be up tomorrow, was looking forward to meeting up with them first thing at Gatehouse. What a total bummer that Vee fractured her leg on her first run at kmart.

I also need some time to adapt to my new short shaped skis vs my long almost straight skis before I am ready to ski with others. :wink: Going from 190's to 167. Yikes! Looking forward to skiing with you guys.

Bubba
11-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I also need some time to adapt to my new short shaped skis vs my long almost straight skis before I am ready to ski with others. :wink: Going from 190's to 167. Yikes! Looking forward to skiing with you guys.

Take a lesson!

skiladi
11-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanksgiving Day turns were sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! I had the whole place to myself!! Well , almost. John Egan was having a good time , fer sure. Does he ever "not" smile? ; } Took a few turns with a neighbor. But other than that , I was on my own. Put in my new comfy earbuds and danced in the rain...I guess all those years getting soaked to the bones on a fishing boat paid off. Had to put the mp3 in my inside pocket for fear that it would drown. If I had known it was going to be so wet , I would have grabbed my Mt. Snow garbage bag but didn't want to appear disloyal. I've had that thing in my ski bag for 20 years. But don't you boys feel badly about missing out. Hubby stayed dry and warm in the condo , too. Watched TV and watched the basset sleep. He kept hoping it would turn to snow. Soon , people. Just not soon enough for me. I gots the fever... ; }

summitchallenger
11-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Well, as I told Lostone, I got to the map late today :roll: If anyone waited, sorry about that...I got there at 1020 or so (I KNEW staying out late last night was a bad idea...)

I will be there bright and early tomorrow. Same time, same place if anyone wants to take some runs. I think cruisers will be in order...hopefully Birdland ?

And in general, nothing formal here folks...if you want to meet up, go for it. If not, another time is cool...

HowieT2
11-24-2007, 10:53 PM

Thanks but I'm gonna wait for some more terrain to open up. Bummed Andy and Vee won't be up tomorrow, was looking forward to meeting up with them first thing at Gatehouse. What a total bummer that Vee fractured her leg on her first run at kmart.

You are going to love the shorter skis. Have fun.

summitchallenger
11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Hmmm....I was there from 10-1015 or so. I ran into Lostone, but he was doing his own thing. Will try again next weekend...don't be shy now! Trail Map at 10am.

Lostone
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I... uh... :oops: got kidnapped. :lol:

This happens with me a lot, out there. I know a lot of people, and they know a lot of people. So I meet up with people and do a few runs. That happened today, as I met up with another off-duty ambassador and skied with her and her husband.

Actually, I skied all or parts of runs with about 4 different people/sets of people, including you.

Where did you go? :lol: You were in front of me on Murphy's. Then you were behind me on Murphy's. Then... you were gone. I figured you'd switched to Birdland, but you never came down. If you beat me down there, you must have been flying. Murphy's wasn't a trail for high speed cruising, today, but I was moving right along. :wink:

summitchallenger
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
:lol:

Yes, I did run into you and I gave you hell for bringing all your friends down Murphy's! :wink: I was ahead of you, and then behind you, and then I did duck onto Birdland before heading to the bottom. I skied aggressively but in control for the record...I got four solid runs on the HSQ in the first hour today. Yeah, I was driven to get the goods. The cute liftie said to me, "man, four runs in an hour." I should have replied, "what did you think this was, amateur hour???" :lol: :lol:

Seriously...I understand why you might not have wanted to stop...Murphy's later in the AM was great...Lower Jester not so much...

Lostone
11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I didn't know those people. What is more, one of them almost hit me. :shock: That was about 3 turns into my day. :?

By about half way down Murphy's, I forgot all about him. 8)

teleo
11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I was at Allyn's around 10 sat and sun but didn;t see anyone. Summit - I must have left before you got there Sat, not sure how we missed Sun. Where you hiding in one of those Sugarbush guided tours or lessons or something that seems to meet at the map around that time too?

Doubt I'll make a 10:00 this Sat. It is going to be my wifes turn for AM snow. Maybe in the afternoon or on Sun.

summitchallenger
11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I was at Allyn's around 10 sat and sun but didn;t see anyone. Summit - I must have left before you got there Sat, not sure how we missed Sun. Where you hiding in one of those Sugarbush guided tours or lessons or something that seems to meet at the map around that time too?

Doubt I'll make a 10:00 this Sat. It is going to be my wifes turn for AM snow. Maybe in the afternoon or on Sun.

Nope, was right out front. I got there at 10 on Sunday and waited until 1015 or so. I might have run inside really quickly and parked my Monsters out front, but I was there....