PDA

View Full Version : Food this past weekend

Treeskier
10-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I liked Jerry's speech at community day presentation. Funny and witty. The food at the BBQ was tasty and plentiful. Worth the extra fee. Timbers on the other hand was not as filling or tasteful. Our table and two other tables of friends all commented that except for the over breaded "lightly breaded chicken" that quantity of food per plate was small to too small. My wife was surprised that there was no vegetable with her 1" slice of Salmon. The vegetarian of our group was surprised at how her dish of last week had shrunk since her last visit. My appetizer...seafood medley in a puff pastry...look grand up front but in the end had 3 small baby scallops and couple of oysters. Also over all we all agreed that the BBQ had lots of robust flavor while our dinners...while cooked perfectly...where not robust. I think B___ put it as flat. I am writing this not to start a large negative blog but more to suggest that we are an educated ski community with lots of major metropolitan community members who are willing to pay metropolitan prices. In those markets flavor is in. Also in a ski resort when you go out at a fine restaurant you want quality (which was well evident) but you also want to fill up....The next day should be another ski day and you need to refill your energy. I hope this helps. The BBQ showed the skills are there. It was over all a much better experience then early last winter. Our wait staff was excellent! Very attentive but not over barring. Nice job wait staff!

10-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Robust, flavorful, healthy, well prepared, these all good ideas for a successful offering of rest fair..

Although "Sushi" and "Sashimi" are great ones too!
Some rolls, and maybe a tofu/vegetable casserole and some udon noodles might be well received by the patrons for apres bites.
Just a suggestion if Jerry is listening......................

Glad to hear that the services of the waitstaff are improving.
Cudos to them!

boze
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Past two dinners at Timbers (2/1, mid-Jan) were excellent. Service also much improved. Food portions much more reasonable ie they no longer suffer from minimalist dimensions and can in fact fill your belly. It took a while, and certainly quite a bit of effort & some re-starts but they now are on to a winning formula. Congrats Win & team for your perseverance!

Lostone
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Pssst... 07/08 Restaurant Review (http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1134) :wink: