PDA

View Full Version : Summer last weekend ... Winter this weekend!

atkinson
10-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Chance of snow Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the mountains! Got the rock skis ready?

John

castlerock
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Just got some skins....

atkinson
10-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Skins are great when it is too deep to boot through, but they don't like mud or grass. No sense bustin'em out fresh for six inches of glop on unfrozen ground. If we get three feet though ...

See ya on the hill.

John

castlerock
10-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Skins are great when it is too deep to boot through, but they don't like mud or grass. No sense bustin'em out fresh for six inches of glop on unfrozen ground. If we get three feet though ...

Good advice as always. Slightly off topic. Do you advise kneepads for non-tele folks off the beaten path? (I'm looking at what else to get for the season)

atkinson
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I use kneepads for tele, alpine and snowboard on all terrain. My knees like the warmth and support, plus the protection has come in handy often. After riding with more pads than ever this summer, knee/shin, elbow/forearm and back/chest/shoulder, I am considering additional winter usage. It won't make me ski ten years younger, just ten years smarter.

So I got a new coaching concept thanks to a kid in the zip line this weekend who had a slip of the tongue and said "It's a obstacle illusion."

John

walks
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Good advice as always. Slightly off topic. Do you advise kneepads for non-tele folks off the beaten path? (I'm looking at what else to get for the season)

Get a full face guard so you don't take a branch up the nose again and leave a red stain in Slidebrook.

castlerock
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Get a full face guard so you don't take a branch up the nose again and leave a red stain in Slidebrook.

Also a good point!

walks
10-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Also a good point![/quote]

I was thinking about getting the full hockey pad gear. Including a cup (think this might hinder my parallel turning). Maybe I will just wear my puffy jacket since it already has bark on it and a dead squirrel for the fur on the hood.

smootharc
10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
....to the SB Golf Course this saturday. Planned the perfect fall outing two months ago. Not sure they'll still be buddies by the end of the weekend !

We've had a looonng Summer......and now impending Winter. How about some good old Fall ?

noski
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
....to the SB Golf Course this saturday. Planned the perfect fall outing two months ago. Not sure they'll still be buddies by the end of the weekend !

We've had a looonng Summer......and now impending Winter. How about some good old Fall ?
Wear your best golfing mittens....

notorious
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Chance of snow Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the mountains! Got the rock skis ready?

John
Any sources for this hopeful prediction? Can't seem to get any of the weather services to confirm.

noski
10-11-2007, 10:21 AM

John
Any sources for this hopeful prediction? Can't seem to get any of the weather services to confirm.

You mean other than John and noski???? sigh. http://letstalkweather.com/bskiwx/entry.php?w=RHill&e_id=1752

Lostone
10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
This NOAA site (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=BTV&llon=-73.047083&rlon=-72.119583&tlat=44.717917&blat=43.792917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=42&map.y=160) is for 2932', in the Warren area. It shows snow, but not how much. It is expected it will only be up on the hill.

There area bunch of sites people like. Perhaps some of them will be listed below? :wink:

Damn Noski got in there before me, so also... above? :roll: :lol:

atkinson
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Check out Scott Braaten's posts on the SKIVT-Listserve. He's the man, however he is now calling for snow mainly on Saturday. We shall see.

John