PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners Weekend Presentation Highlights?

castlerock
10-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Since I was stuck in a Condo Association Board meeting all morning, I didn't get over to the presentation.

Any highlights? News?

Lostone
10-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Well... I was in my condo meeting, for most of it, too. I got most of Win's presentation and all of Jerry's. Jerry was a hoot!

Big things I remember from Win's: Wunderbar will be back for (weekends?) Saturdays and busy holidays, to supplement the Castlerock Pub and Timbers.

Beer will now be able to be bought in the food service area so that those who like a beer with lunch will be able to get one.

Opening is scheduled for Thanxgiving, with possible allowances for Ma Nature on either side.

He gave the explanation we've all heard/read about starting and ending at South. We simply have better facilities and capacity, here.

He said we will not be getting the diesel compressors, as the new snowgun heads gave us the capacity, without the compressors.

There were other things, but they have escaped my mind, at the moment, plus a lot of them weren't completely heard, as I got there late, and had to go toward the back and side, where there were a bunch of kids playing.

Big on Jerry's list was that he would be trying a buffet style lunch, at Timbers. That soundded interesting.

He also asked for help in that, if something goes wrong, you tell him, and be as specific as possible. (I think his example was not to say the salmon was bad, but rather I ate there on Tuesday, around 8:30, and the salmon was cold.)

To thank us in advance for helping him, he had strategically placed sheets under some of the chairs, with prizes. (I was standing, and got nothing. :cry: But I did check two empty chairs near me and got . . . nothing. :cry: )

Like I said, I got there h=late, and wasn't able to hear too well, so I welcome additions and especially corrections.

And I think I got there after the crowd that was waiting for my autographs had dispersed. :wink:

Tin Woodsman
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Big things I remember from Win's: Wunderbar will be back for (weekends?) Saturdays and busy holidays, to supplement the Castlerock Pub and Timbers.
Good news. Hopefully this will ease the congestion in the CR Pub while a more permanent solution can be devised in advance of the VH lodge's demolition.

Beer will now be able to be bought in the food service area so that those who like a beer with lunch will be able to get one.
Me likey.

He said we will not be getting the diesel compressors, as the new snowgun heads gave us the capacity, without the compressors.
Can anyone elaborate on this? Did the mtn buy a bunch of new heads for the guns this year? If not, I don't get it. They had to resort to bringing in the extra compressors last winter, so if they aren't this winter, presumably something has changed to enable them to avoid taking this step. Sincerely, Confused in the Flatlands. ;-)

Big on Jerry's list was that he would be trying a buffet style lunch, at Timbers. That soundded interesting.
Agreed. That is intriguing.

HowieT2
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Any word on the building plans for next summer?

Buffet in Tmbers sounds like a good idea. Will it be in conjunction with table service or instead of?

Lostone
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I have split off the Valley House posts from the Community Day thread, in case others want to make comment or questions about the Community Day presentations.

win
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
The extra compressors were brought in last year only because of the unuasually warm December and January inorder to catch up once we had sufficiently cold temperatures to make snow. In the winter of 2005/2006 they were not necessary. We do not plan on them, but if needed we can bring them in like we did last year.