PDA

View Full Version : ski-commerce....e-commerce...

boze
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Not sure what a worse e-commerce engine / interface would be but I know I just experienced the worst one I ever came across on sugarbush.com trying to buy a Mt Ellen PLUS season pass.

Have an sugarbush.com account, w/ myself & my son set up as 'family members'. Put both the adult & free unde 12 ticket in the cart (had to cycle that twice sine you can't simply tick check boxes to select more than one item at a time, but that's small potatoes). when attempting to checkout it asks to ensure you have proper person asigned to the product (pass). That's where it goes all wrong...horrible user experience, kept cycling through the screens. Cannot beleive it passed through even basic quality control. Or maybe it's just me....any suggestions appreciated. Guess I have to give them a ring to order by phone...not exactly the promise of cheaper, easier e-commerce now is that? Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating! :evil: :twisted:

djd66
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I experienced the same thing when I tried to order the pass online. I ended up calling and doing it the old way - had to involve a human being!

Hardbooter
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure if it's still this way, but for a long time it would ask for your credit card on a non-secure page. I now sign up at the end of the previous season at the main ticket desk. I hope we don't see a headline like "Thousands of Credit Card Numbers Stolen from Ski Area Website." but I won't be surprised either.

HowieT2
09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if it's still this way, but for a long time it would ask for your credit card on a non-secure page. I now sign up at the end of the previous season at the main ticket desk. I hope we don't see a headline like "Thousands of Credit Card Numbers Stolen from Ski Area Website." but I won't be surprised either.

That's the beauty of the web site. It doesn't work well enough for hackers trolling for credit cards.

BTW-congratulations Boze on the season's pass. Think snow.

BushMogulMaster
09-19-2007, 06:00 PM

The site is in fact secure now. I wouldn't be too concerned. It's also verified by VeriSign, for what that's worth.