PDA

View Full Version : Annual Community Day

Treeskier
09-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Annual Community Day is coming in quickly.

What can we expect?

Is the presentation in Gatehouse? Is the BBQ free or with a fee? Will there be a band? What type of music? Blues I hope! Is the chair ride free to pass holder as in years past? (I would hope so) Any fun nuggets of events to be added? Will Castlerock Pub be open? What will it also be open on Sunday/Monday? With food? Wings? For the Pats game? Will there be a fall harvest menu and discount to communitee day particpants availible at Timbers over the weekend? Golf discounts? Tennis? Sports Center? Ski Sales?

Ski Yah there!

win
09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Treeskier,

You are like a buzz saw and it is late! Presentation is in the Gate House and will begin around 10:30am. We will have coffee and stuff before hand. We will have a BBQ for a reasonable price like the past 2 years and will probably also have Timbers open for lunnch for those who want a different lunch. I think I will open Castlerock Pub and will have some music but not sure what yet. Discounts? Passholders get a Bravo Book as always. We will have the zip line, Disc Golf and Moutain biking available and all current passholders can ride up Bravo by showing their pass as in the past. There will also be some good stuff to buy at the Adventure Gear Shop.

See you on the 6th and let's hope for a nice sunny day and peak foliage!

noski
09-14-2007, 07:41 AM

Peak Foliage: Saturday, October 6 at 10:09am. Be there. :wink:

Bubba
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Saturday!??!
Isn't it usually on a Tuesday?

noski
09-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Saturday!??!
Isn't it usually on a Tuesday?
PURELY coincidence, all those Tuesdays in a row...... :roll:

Lostone
09-14-2007, 08:19 AM
"It's been Tuesday all week. And it's Tuesday again" -Greg Brown

skiladi
09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Treeskier,

You are like a buzz saw and it is late! Presentation is in the Gate House and will begin around 10:30am. We will have coffee and stuff before hand. We will have a BBQ for a reasonable price like the past 2 years and will probably also have Timbers open for lunnch for those who want a different lunch. I think I will open Castlerock Pub and will have some music but not sure what yet. Discounts? Passholders get a Bravo Book as always. We will have the zip line, Disc Golf and Moutain biking available and all current passholders can ride up Bravo by showing their pass as in the past. There will also be some good stuff to buy at the Adventure Gear Shop.

What is a bravo book? I have an all-mt. 5 pass. I don't remember this feature.

win
09-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Upgrade to an All-Mountain-7 pass and you get some cool stuff!

HowieT2
09-21-2007, 07:09 AM

I have the all mountain7 which I purchased in the spring but haven't heard about a "bravo" book. What is it and how do I get it. Do I have to be at C-day?

Lostone
09-21-2007, 07:29 AM
They're usually late coming out, compared to the early sales. Check with the pass office once the mountain is open.

Community weekend is not a mandatory formation. . . but you do have to buy the drinks, next time up. :lol:

HowieT2
09-21-2007, 08:43 AM
They're usually late coming out, compared to the early sales. Check with the pass office once the mountain is open.

Community weekend is not a mandatory formation. . . but you do have to buy the drinks, next time up. :lol:

Thanks. I still owe you a drink (plus interest) from last year.

castlerock
09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I've always gotten the booklet when picking up the passes.

By the way, the website says that this year all passes must be replaced with new media. Will the new ones be different?

HowieT2
09-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I've always gotten the booklet when picking up the passes.

By the way, the website says that this year all passes must be replaced with new media. Will the new ones be different?

I remember them telling me when I got my pass that either my son or I would have to come in and get something new in the fall.

What is in the Bravo book or is it a surprise?

castlerock
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
In the past it has been things like discount coupons for lodging, lessons, tickets, SHARC, Golf etc....

win
09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
castlerock has the correct info, and we hope to have it ready for community day so that when you pick up your new season pass you can get it as well. This year we are issuing new season pass card to everyone. They will be the same size but will have a slightly different look. The season is to make sure that the bar codes are fresh which makes scanning easier and less of a hassle if a bar code doesn't read properly because it has been scratched. Hope to see you on the 6th. This weekend is spectacular so I hope we have the same weather in two weeks. Then it can get cold and snow through April.

skiladi
09-21-2007, 04:57 PM

No Thanks, Win. If I ski on the weekend it'll be because I'm working for you. I couldn't do the OEC this year as I am busy finishing my cabin but I hope to do that next fall. Really disappointed I coudn't do it but unlike Warren Miller I'm optimistic I will do it next time even if I am a year older. ; }

shadyjay
09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Thank god that new media is required for this year - the pic I have on mine is pretty old and looks like crap. Plus the scanners don't seem to like reading the barcode.
I know I could have gotten a new pic taken or a new pass, but its one of those things.... if its not necessary, it doesn't get done. But since it is necessary, I'll definetely do it.

And hope to do it on the 6th. Providing good weather, and maybe get in some more hiking :)