PDA

View Full Version : annual ski magazine resort survey

chuck
09-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Awesome news- the "Bush" has moved into the lucky 7 spot on the Ski magazine's annual list of top ski areas.
Bad news - more people on the slopes, sorry Win, was hoping we could keep our little gem a secret.
Hats off to owners (Win,Adam,Bob), managers, and staff...What a turnaround you have started, and I only see it getting better and better.

"Working all summer to ski all winter"
chuck

win
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks. What is even nicer in the survey is that we were ranked #5 in Overall Satisfaction. Here is what would be great! 300 more visitors on each of the 150 plus days we are open. You would hardly notice the difference, and it would make a huge difference to the bottom line! Spread the word that life is better up here and a few more visitors will help make us even better! A hour further North makes all the difference!

BushMogulMaster
09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
A hour further North makes all the difference!

I can't tell you how many times I've told people that. You get the typical, "Well... Killington's closer. And there's Pico." I always respond with something along the lines of, "I can't even begin to express how much it's worth that extra hour or so in the car. The difference is like the difference between east/west."

It's just better. Smaller crowds, better dispersal thereof, more/better snow, hands-down better terrain, more continuous legit vertical, better variety, better vibe, more dedicated and approachable ownership, and the list goes on and on.

BushMogulMaster
09-13-2007, 05:23 PM
By the way, I think I've already convinced 20 or 30 people, including one of my Ski Ops professors to give Sugarbush a try next time they're in the area. I'm your acting volunteer western satellite marketing director :wink:

chuck
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Win - 45,000 additional skier visits is a tall order. But then again NYC/NJ are heavily populated places!!!
I'm up for it! Trail maps for everyone!

Lostone
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
My answer to the "Well... Killington's closer." line, is to say . . . And that is why you should go farther. :wink:

Lostone
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh... and Chuck. . . Welcome to the board! 8)

win
09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Sugarbush once had more than the extra 45,000 mentioned

Tin Woodsman
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Sugarbush once had more than the extra 45,000 mentioned

Seeing as how they'd likely be concentrated on weekends, I think 45,000 more skier visits would be noticeable. Unless of course you intend to try and move forward with Upper Inverness to spread everyone out. :twisted: :twisted:

Then again you'd probably be happier if they came during the week, which makes sense.

chuck
09-14-2007, 07:06 AM
With all the upgrades to the mountain coupled with all the positive press (and I leaving trail maps all over the city) - throw in a little help from old man winter and ma nature and yea - 45M additional skier visits this year- achievable. lets "git r done"

WWF-VT
09-14-2007, 07:30 AM
A hour further North makes all the difference!

One hour drive = one hour less per day waiting in lift lines at many of the southern Vermont ski resorts !

noski
09-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Many of us are taking the Localvore challenge next week and eating only food that is grown within 100 miles of us. The chamber is in the process of filming a new Buy Local commercial for cable. This is another way to "buying local". For those who shun the WalMarts of the world in favor of locally owned shops and grocers.... Sugarbush, and even Mad River Glen are the obvious "Buy Local" options for skiing. Support those who support the community.

Home Depot? No. Allen Lumber or Kenyons? Yes!
Shaws? No. Mehurons? Yes!
Killington? No. MRV? YES! YES!

Fourwide
09-14-2007, 08:00 AM
I think Downspout might be a good spot.

Strat
09-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Many of us are taking the Localvore challenge next week and eating only food that is grown within 100 miles of us. The chamber is in the process of filming a new Buy Local commercial for cable. This is another way to "buying local". For those who shun the WalMarts of the world in favor of locally owned shops and grocers.... Sugarbush, and even Mad River Glen are the obvious "Buy Local" options for skiing. Support those who support the community.

Home Depot? No. Allen Lumber or Kenyons? Yes!
Shaws? No. Mehurons? Yes!
Killington? No. MRV? YES! YES!

Just heard a Bolton commercial with the same "Think Global, Ski/Ride Local" slogan... they must've stolen it!

:P

Strat
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey, just noticed... Sugarbush has a press release about it on the site, and I took the photo that accompanies it...

http://sugarbush.com/aboutus/news.asp?id=439

Cool