PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Golf Course

gottdogg
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
On Friday, I am playing Sugarbush Golf course for the first time in a couple of years. I have heard that there have been some improvements. Has anyone played it recently? What kind of shape is it in? How are the greens? have they been aerated?

Thanks for your help.

BushMogulMaster
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I have not, but let me direct you to a link that SRO posted in another thread: http://www.valleyreporter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=815&Itemid=40

You might find that helpful.

From everything that I've heard, the course has improved quite a lot in recent years, and is playing better than ever. You'll have to let us know what you think after you've played it! :D

gottdogg
09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the link - If the course is as good as a day of powder skiing, then I will become addicted to Sugarbush Golf.

Lostone
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
If the course is as good as a day of powder skiing

:shock:

Now that's just silly! :lol:

gottdogg
09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Very True Lostone. There might be only one thing that beats a powder day -- a powder weekend.[/quote]

win
09-13-2007, 08:00 AM
The course is in the best shape in a long long time. The only thing you will find this weekend it that we are aerating the greens which is necessary to do this time of the year, so they could putt a bit less than perfectly. We have rented a new machine which I am told does a terrific job. I am going out later this morning to inspect a couple of greens and will update you on the condition.

gottdogg
09-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Win

Thanks for your response. I am coming up with 3 guys from my golf league to play today (Rutland Country Club), Friday at Sugarbush and maybe Saturday (weather permitting). They have never played at Sugarbush. Thus, I am glad that the course is in great shape. We can use as many excuses as we can get to explain away our bad putting but hoepefully the new machine will keep the greens putting reasonably well. Thanks again.

P.S. Two of them are avid Skiers (ski families in tow) who haven't been to Sugarbush for more than 10 years. I'll have them drop by the new lodge/Timbers for a couple of cold ones and let you know what they think.

win
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Checked out the greens today. Mike and Peter are doing a really nice job. They will not putt perfectly tomorrow, but I think you will still enjoy the course. The have been punched, brushed and overseeded. I am playing in the second round of our club championship tomorrow morning myself so say hello if we cross paths out there. Thanks for bring your friends and bringing them up to the mountain. Timbers is not open for lunch on Friday but is on Saturday and Sunday. However, the bar opens in the late afternoon and dinner is served every night. Hogan's at the Golf Club is open for lunch as you probably know. Have a good round.

gottdogg
09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Win-- thanks again for the update. The course was in real good shape and we had a great time. The greens on the back9 were okay but the front was tough. It was hard playing the course and constantly looking up at the trails wishing for snow. I wish it was time to hang up the clubs and get out the boards. Think Snow.

AngryJohnny
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Played this past weekend and the course year after year continues to impress! Thanks Win and all the folks up there for making the commitment to get that track back in top notch playing condition. I know its been a couple weeks but I saw little effect the the aeriation had on the greens they were in great condition for this time of year.
Look forward to another round in 3wks. :D

win
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Thank you. The real credit goes to Ron Philo, RJ Austin, Mike Wing and their team. They have been very thoughtful about what to do and when this summer, and we are really starting to see and appreciate the work they have done all summer. The final project this season is to begin a major drainage project on the 6th hole which will be completed in the Spring and really solve the wet problems that have plagued that hole for years! This week and weekend are looking spectacular, so they are the days to enjoy the outdoors. Then let's all Think Snow!