PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Website

ScoobySnack
09-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone else have trouble with poking around on the Sugarbush website? I notice that when I go there, my computer just starts slowing down until my browser locks up. I just now noticed that if I open my Task Manager while on the site you can see the Internet Explorer memory and CPU use just grow every second while on the site. And that's without clicking on anything. This doesn't happen except on the SB site. It only gives me a minute or so to poke around before it takes up too much of the CPU and then it freezes. Thought it was just a freaky setting on my laptop, but it still happens on my new one now.

Lostone
09-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I have just opened it on another tab. The machine seems to be operating ok. My machine just has to be older and slower than yours. :oops:

PIII-450 :roll:

(I don't have a task manager. :cry: )

BushMogulMaster
09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone else have trouble with poking around on the Sugarbush website? I notice that when I go there, my computer just starts slowing down until my browser locks up. I just now noticed that if I open my Task Manager while on the site you can see the Internet Explorer memory and CPU use just grow every second while on the site. And that's without clicking on anything. This doesn't happen except on the SB site. It only gives me a minute or so to poke around before it takes up too much of the CPU and then it freezes. Thought it was just a freaky setting on my laptop, but it still happens on my new one now.

New problem, or recurring? PC specs? Consistent or intermittent? Definitely only happens on the Bush site? Last virus scan? Last spyware scan? Last browser cache clear? Last cookie clear?

ScoobySnack
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes, brand new Lenovo T60 (previous was T30 - it happened on that as well). Consistently happens only on the Bush website for me (noticed it about a month or so ago) - everything else is fine. Clean bill of health on the computer, so it's not a virus or spyware issue. It's just odd watching the memory use just keep rising when I'm on the site. Oh well, it might be something wacky with my settings or connection, but I just was curious anyone else had this problem (which would mean the site is the culprit).

Thanks

BushMogulMaster
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, brand new Lenovo T60 (previous was T30 - it happened on that as well). Consistently happens only on the Bush website for me (noticed it about a month or so ago) - everything else is fine. Clean bill of health on the computer, so it's not a virus or spyware issue. It's just odd watching the memory use just keep rising when I'm on the site. Oh well, it might be something wacky with my settings or connection, but I just was curious anyone else had this problem (which would mean the site is the culprit).

Thanks

Interesting. What browser are you using?

09-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Thanks

He said IE. Try Firefox. I brought the site up in both browsers. No problems.

BushMogulMaster
09-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Thanks

He said IE. Try Firefox. I brought the site up in both browsers. No problems.

Ooops... missed that. And do what Greg said. Although I can't come up with a reason why you're having an issue, if you try Firefox, at least we can determine whether the browser or the computer are at fault. I spent several minutes on the site today in both IE and Firefox with no trouble. But give it a shot anyway.

ski_resort_observer
09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
No problems for me....IE at work, firefox at home.

ScoobySnack
09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Firefox seems to okay. It's just IE that seems to lag on it for me.
Thanks for the help.

Strat
09-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Have you tried updating Macromedia Flash? The site is loaded with animated content and there's a chance your version is out of date (though it would usually prompt you)... have you only tried on Lenovo computers? I'm not sure about the newest ones, but IBM machines used to have a lot of background programs running that didn't need to be, and there's a chance one is conflicting with Flash or something else... I don't see any other variables that could affect it really... newest version of flash is here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

If the Flash doesn't work I'd say boot the computer up in "Safe Mode with Networking" (press F8 a bunch of times right when you turn it on to bring that menu up, or just kill power in the middle of boot and Windows will bring you there automatically)... there's a chance that some browser functionality may be shut down in that mode, but give it a try if the Flash update doesn't work...