PDA

View Full Version : Where's The Beef???

Yard Sale
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm an aspiring MRV Localvore. Aside from the Saturday Farmer's Market, where is the spot for fresh local produce? Also I was wondering where a guy can buy a thick piece of steak or a quality chop worthy of grilling. I haven't had much luck in this department, and I'm looking for some help. Is there a good butcher in the valley? As always, any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

noski
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
You can buy Hadley Gaylord beef at Mehuron's. I quite often get the burger. You have to get lucky on timing availability on the steak cuts though. Talk to the butcher there. You can get produce like Elwin Neill's corn at Mehuron's too (YUMMMM!). David Hartshorn's farmstand is just north on Rt 100 past the 1824 House Inn. YOu can get produce there anytime, and if no one is there, you pay by the honor system with a hole in the door.

Localvore challenge is the week of Sept 17 www.vermontlocalvore.org

Lostone
08-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I believe Gaylord's also sells beef at the farmers' market. There is also another guy there who sells organic beef.

Yard Sale
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks

outofshape
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
There is the cat at the FM that has mad slabbers of steak, burgers and what not in the uber cool green solar trailer at the FM. He is next to the lemonade stand. It is the quality of deluca's butcher shop. He is a really good guy, once a year has a meat fest at his house (missed it this year) with all kinds of free meat to eat.

Mehurons? hmm.. They were rude in there, mad rude the two times I went in there in the past 10 years. They were rude to my wife, rude to my friend. Maybe I can tolerate the attitude and try the meat there.