PDA

View Full Version : How to find a ski house at Surgarbush?

volklmantras
08-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Anyone have any suggestions or know a good source of how to find a ski house in Sugarbush?

My wife and I are looking to purchase a share for us both this upcoming season, we've been doing a house in Killington for the past couple of years but are looking to "upgrade".

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks.

Lostone
08-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, your first steps seem to be good ones! :wink:

First of all, welcome to the board, and hopefully, the valley. I think you will find it to be an upgrade. I voted, not only with my voice, but with my feet and money.

When I first relocated my skiing center (from K_mart ) to up here, a friend and I drove up and looked on all the bulletin boards, on various valley stores and the post office. We found a place for rent, rented it, and then recruited at work and thru friends, to get people to fill it.

Now... we have this inteweb thingy! :D

Last season, some members of the board found shares, houses and members, here. As this thread gets pushed from the top 6-8, you might want to reply to it and remind people that you are still looking.

Good luck! :wink:

Bubba
08-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Tree skier from this message board owns a share house at the top of Bragg hill. Gorgeous views and close to everything, but far enough away. I'm pretty sure that he's in Chille skiing right now so you may have to wait a little for him to respond. However, here is the link to their web site if you want to check it out.

http://www.clubxtaski.com/

Good luck and welcome to the happy valley.

volklmantras
08-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the tips gents, I have no problem with taking a weekend trip up to the valley to take a look at the bulletin boards!

marai
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi, saw your posting regarding a ski house at Sugarbush.

I am in on a ski house with 6 other people, 2 couples and 2 singles, and we are looking for 2 more. We are about to sign a lease for a place on Bushnell Road in Waitsfield, a short drive from the mountain (15-20 minutes). It is a great house, I just went up this weekend to check it out. One of the couples has been doing most of the searching and dealing with a realtor; they know all of the details - but I am the one in front of a computer at the moment so I will write what I recall. The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice kitchen open to large dining area, a good size living room with wood fireplace insert, washer/dryer, large deck, basement for skis, boards, boots, etc. Each of the bedrooms is set up for 2, but there is also floor space for guests. Amy and Kevin met the owner, who stays there during the summer. The place is nicely furnished, and it has really good feel to it. Check it out: http://www.sugarbushrentals.com/Pierson%20house.htm

About us: we are all in our late 30s/early 40s, some skiers and some snow boarders, mostly from the Boston/north of Boston areas. Many of the people in the group have been together for 6 years in other ski houses. Amy said to make sure to tell you that we ski/snow board hard (well, the rest of them do, I am by far the novice of the crew), stay up late, and like to eat. It is a fun group, many with connections to others in the area/on the mountain.

If this worked out, the two of you would have your own bedroom. We have run the numbers: all-inclusive (rent with estimates for heating, electricity, cable, phone, fire wood, and plowing), it is about $1,600 per member. The lease is from November 15 though the end of April.

We need to make a decision a.s.a.p. whether we go with this place with 8, or a smaller place with just 6, so it be great to hear from you. Send me an email if you are interested: dmarai@comcast.net. We can fill you in on anything I missed.

08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
we ski/snow board hard...stay up late

You're not skiing hard enough if you can still stay up late...

Kidding. ;) Welcome!

Lostone
08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
marai, first, welcome to the board. (Or likely, welcome to the posting part, as opposed to the lurking part? :wink: )

2nd, if you need a quick response, you might want to try sending them a PM. Click their name, and you'll see the PM box. If they've not changed the default, they'll get an email saying they have a message, here. Might make them take notice a little quicker.

See you on the hill. 8)

marai
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
thanks for the welcomes and private message tip (first time forum user, obvious I know!)
Deborah

nxtdrnaybr
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I know this might not be exactly what you are looking for, but why not buy a place. use one floor and rent out the other to help pay the mortgage.

http://vtskihouseforsale.blogspot.com

atkinson
08-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Can somebody put me in touch with Kevin and Amy? I keep wondering why I haven't seen them this summer. Kevin came up and rode last year and promised to visit again in the non-winter months.

Just in case anybody is wondering, they do snowboard hard and frequently go to last chair. I can't vouch for how late they stay up, but don't question their glisse dedication.

John

bsideindy
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Here's another ski house, right on German Flats road on the north/south bus line: http://www.itaintaspen.com/

Not sure of availability.

Treeskier
08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
We now know we have two openings in our ski house. http://ClubXtaSki.com A great house with a great view of all 3 mountains. Large living room/kitchen with a big stone fire place....HOT TUB! We are a mile from Waitsfield center and on the main plow route of Fayston. The web site has contact information.

nxtdrnaybr
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
if anyone is interested, I am now looking to rent the top floor of my house.

It's a big 1 bdrm, 90% furnished. 1 bdrm, full bath, large great room with vaulted ceilings, and a mud room. $3200 from Dec 15-Mar 31, utils and cable TV included. dates are negotiable, no pets, no smoking.

pics and contact info for the house are at http://vtskihouseforsale.blogspot.com