PDA

View Full Version : Clearing to the right of Cat's Meow

random_ski_guy
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone familiar with that clearing to the right of cat's meow which can be seen in the nice summer aerial shots posted on the sugarbush website? What is that?

http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/sendphoto.asp?imgID=2469&id=374

Rolling over during my summer siesta. –Random

Lostone
08-06-2007, 09:06 PM
If you are talking about the right, looking up, I'm pretty sure it is a well site. It is also the first exit from Cat's.

random_ski_guy
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
you often have the answers lost one..perfect.

so yes, when looking up the mtn the clearing is to the right of cat's meow. i didn't know what to make of it, look kinda fresh...but i guess not, eh?

Lostone
08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I think it was done last year, with the construction. If not, it was improved, then.

And don't go to sleep on us! There is fun to be had up here.

If the mountain biking isn't your thing, there is the zip line and disc golf. See how many trees you can hit. :roll: :lol:

It can be frustrating, but it is fun. :wink:

And that is just the added stuff. Still golf, tennis, and just hanging out thinking about how nice the Green Mountains look when they're green! :D

Vermont Festival of the Arts all this month! 8)

Too much to do. No sleeping allowed. (or especially aloud! :P )

Mike451
08-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I didn't realize how wide Cats Meow was, I have never really bothered to head over there before. Funny how this trail was taken off the map for a while too.

HowieT2
08-07-2007, 07:07 AM
As usual Lostone is correct. It is some kind of water supply for Claybrooke and the base structures. It was built last summer. I think it's more reservior than well, though.

smootharc
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
As usual Lostone is correct. It is some kind of water supply for Claybrooke and the base structures. It was built last summer. I think it's more reservior than well, though.

...in this reservoir meets Act 250 standards (if not Playgirl's....who could compete with Burt Reynolds in his prime !)... :lol:

Lostone
08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
was that Playgirl was passing around a petition asking you to keep your clothes on. :roll: :lol:

HowieT2
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM

...in this reservoir meets Act 250 standards (if not Playgirl's....who could compete with Burt Reynolds in his prime !)... :lol:

It's covered so if you can get in, skinny dip all you want.

Strat
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
And if you look closely you can also see the liftline of the old T-Bar that was there...

HowieT2
08-08-2007, 07:11 AM
And if you look closely you can also see the liftline of the old T-Bar that was there...

On cat's Meow or in the woods?

boze
08-08-2007, 07:36 AM
lie the remnants of that old lift. Came across some of the old support pads during various trips through those once snow-covered woods...shhh, that line is a secret....

Lostone
08-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Oooo! :shock:

That is one that got by me! :oops:

smootharc
08-08-2007, 08:11 AM
was that Playgirl was passing around a petition asking you to keep your clothes on. :roll: :lol:

Hey....my wife's name is on that petition !?! :lol:

Lostone
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
You could ask her... :? If you dare! :twisted:

:lol:

random_ski_guy
08-08-2007, 10:23 PM
oh my, just checking back in from monday night to find this thread has had some life to it...

okay back to bed.... even though lost one has offered several compelling reasons to come to the mtns.... i love the mtns, but the beach is calling.

win
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM
This is a water storgage tank built for Clay Brook a year ago. There is another next to it that has been there for years that serves the condos and home in the Old Village.
The road that was built to construct it is now a ski trail connection from Cats Meow to Spring Fling.

HowieT2
08-10-2007, 09:46 PM
This is a water storgage tank built for Clay Brook a year ago. There is another next to it that has been there for years that serves the condos and home in the Old Village.
The road that was built to construct it is now a ski trail connection from Cats Meow to Spring Fling.

How about a contest to name the trail for the dog days of August. "Cats Fling"?

BushMogulMaster
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM

I'm more partial to "Spring's Meow," personally. :wink:

boze
08-11-2007, 12:17 AM
I like 'Barking Mad'

Yard Sale
08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
This new little trail is a Huge improvement. What was a traverse at the bottom of Cat's Meow is now a very mellow glide through lower meow woods.

Anyway, I like Cat Nip. Not to mention, that might also be good name for this new trail. :lol:

Lostone
08-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Kitty Corner?

Kitty Corner Cutter?

Kitty Corner Completion Cutter?

Captain Karl's Kitty Corner Completion Cutter? (No... I really don't know any Captain Karl... But that member name is still available.)

:lol:

smootharc
08-11-2007, 07:59 AM

...for my wife's girls night out. They pretend it's a "Book group" but I think they went to Vegas once....