PDA

View Full Version : Plan B needs some work.

Treeskier
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
The MT looks to be doing a fine job at the new sports...zip line, MT biking, golf. I understand the BBQ went well. But now I've been to 2 events that used the upstairs of the GateHouse for a band. New Years and last night. Since it rained the MT went to plan B and put the band upstairs. (obviously if the band was out side it would have worked great....both bars feeding the people) But when they put the band upstairs and serve the drinks downstairs it ends up being two dis functional party's. And neither leaves a fond memory. The band sounded great but the flow of traffic was people came in got a drink (or just went upstairs first) Listened to the band. Which was too loud to socialize. Dance a song...may be.... but then go back down stair to get another drink. Find friends down there and end up staying. So the band ends up playing to an empty room. My suggestion is buy a portable bar. Set it up with tall tables and chairs in one corner of the inner band section. Turn the band down so people can socialize with out yelling. May be put some type of sound deading cloth hanging from the ceiling to soften the room. Add some light on the band. May be even close the Castlerock pub so people and resources (chairs tables) are used up stairs. I find people like to sit and listen to the band/socialize then as they loosen up go dance. (One other thing do not have kids toys as the first thing you see walking up the stairs) I suspect the wedding croud would want the same thing.

Good to see every one at the parade!