PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we may have a shot at being King

Treeskier
06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
In one of the threads on Alpine Zone it came out that Killington is shortening their season. On their web site's season pass information page it says "A Killington/Pico season pass is valid from mid-November through mid-April, weather and snow conditions permitting" While there are a real lot of upset Killington skiers, we could fill the nitch. It will be very interesting to see how all of the changes shake out. While I do not want us to be over run. I would like to see mid-week, early and late season numbers go up. Hell maybe that should be a pass. Creative juices are running. May be Sugarbush should offers a early/late season pass also good non-holiday mid-week to anyone who all ready has a pass at another MT. For $$? Just re-cap Killington/Pico, Mt Snow, Sugarloaf & Sunday River, Brettonwoods have all changed hands recently.

Looks like we may have a shot at being King or is Queen. "The mother of all NE Ski areas"

ski_resort_observer
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
We are already the best in the northeast but we shouldn't gloat. We have been getting some guests from kmart ever since they started the A41 passes and now as you point out there is a whole new batch of "done with Killington" people who haven't been to the Bush in a couple of years and are going to check the place out...well, and become Sugarbushers. We won't be overrun but think it will provide a nice bump for the upcoming season.

BTW...hope I run into you next week at the parade. :D