PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July. Who is going up for the 1st time since ski s...

Treeskier
06-20-2007, 08:32 PM
4th of July. Who is going up for the 1st time since ski season?

John Atkinsons images of the work on the MT bike course looks great. Looks like lots of work!

Looks like Sugarbush has gotten to move the fireworks to Wed. preseeded by a BBQ and Band (Jimmy Yozell & Friends) in the court yard. At the end of ski season they where scheduled to have the fire works Tuesday night. Castle Rock pub will be open! Is Shawn bar tending? Looks to be a great time to try out the new MT Bike course, Zipppppppppppper line and frizbee course.

For all of you chat-ers and lurkers. My I suggest that in the openness of the 4th of July and the community it has fostered...We all wear a Flower (white in the thought of snow) in our lapel area. I know I will only have a T shirt on. Just a thought.

It will be interesting to see what new changes come this year. Win as noted earlier in his AZ Challenge has thing in the wind.

Ski Yah on the 4th![/code]

skiladi
06-21-2007, 09:42 AM
4th of July. Who is going up for the 1st time since ski season?

John Atkinsons images of the work on the MT bike course looks great. Looks like lots of work!

Looks like Sugarbush has gotten to move the fireworks to Wed. preseeded by a BBQ and Band (Jimmy Yozell & Friends) in the court yard. At the end of ski season they where scheduled to have the fire works Tuesday night. Castle Rock pub will be open! Is Shawn bar tending? Looks to be a great time to try out the new MT Bike course, Zipppppppppppper line and frizbee course.

For all of you chat-ers and lurkers. My I suggest that in the openness of the 4th of July and the community it has fostered...We all wear a Flower (white in the thought of snow) in our lapel area. I know I will only have a T shirt on. :shock: Just a thought.

It will be interesting to see what new changes come this year. Win as noted earlier in his AZ Challenge has thing in the wind.

Ski Yah on the 4th!

I was up Memorial Day weekend. Not much going on. But beautiful weather and relaxing. Brought Althea up first time since her surgery and she loved it! ; } See you on the 4th.

ski_resort_observer
06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Really looking forward to the parade, as usual. I don't know how the Bush will be able top last years float but "surprises" seems to happen pretty often around here.

I have the 4th off so I can enjoy the parade and other festivities but I will be working in the Adventure Center/Gear Shop in Gatehouse every other day that week so be sure to stop in and say hi. Should be fun.

BTW, your not going to want to try and catch a disc like a frisbee, could be painful. I'm learning that it's alot more complicated then it appears. There are like 20 diferent discs with diferent cuts, colors, shapes and weights. Disc Golf is already growing fast in the area as there is a busy public course up in Waterbury and I just read in the VR that some kids up at Harwood built a course as well.

Here is the new summer promo poster......awesome job!

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album31/sugrbshposter.jpg

smootharc
06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Here is the new summer promo poster......awesome job!

Absolutely awesome.....it's.....today's SAT word.....Gnarltacular !

Lostone
06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
MOM!!! Smootharc is lying! I don't thing gnarltacular is really an SAT word! :x

:lol:

boze
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
We lucked out on our April 19-22 trip, and hope for similar weather next week (bluebird skies and somewhere approaching the low 70s that weekend)

Anyway, kids & wife & I can't wait. My almost-10 yr old son & I are keyed up to hit a section of the Long Trail & reconnoiter the Church. Then some LTs down at the base, for me that is. He'll have to settle for whatever's left in the hydration pack.

:wink:

Bubba
06-27-2007, 07:46 AM
For all of you chat-ers and lurkers. My I suggest that in the openness of the 4th of July and the community it has fostered...We all wear a Flower (white in the thought of snow) in our lapel area. I know I will only have a T shirt on. Just a thought.
[/code]

PLEASE wear some pants this year Greg. Don't want a repeat of last year's confrontation with the sheriff. :lol:

noski
06-27-2007, 07:49 AM
[/code]

PLEASE wear some pants this year Greg. Don't want a repeat of last year's confrontation with the sheriff. :lol: Aw, geeze....that was HIM? You will spot me in the 4 wheeler running all over town before the parade and then walking the beat with a trash bag for the rest of the day. Stop me and say 'hey'... (Please don't forget to make your July 4 donation at www.Warren4thofjuly.com )

Bubba
06-28-2007, 04:54 AM
[/code]

PLEASE wear some pants this year Greg. Don't want a repeat of last year's confrontation with the sheriff. :lol:

You know what? On second thought; I'm with you brother! I'll be wearing white socks(and my Tevas, of course).
Let's have a "Naturalist" parade!
Don't forget the sun screen.

Lostone
06-28-2007, 08:33 AM
:shock:

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :twisted:

:lol:

Remember 2005 (?) when a group "misread" the theme and were declaring they were in Depends? :wink:

ski_resort_observer
06-28-2007, 03:56 PM
First, I want to join Tree and encourage anyone in the area to check out the parade in Warren.

Disclaimer: the following pics might be disturbing to those who are close-minded and never been to a farm.

You know what? On second thought; I'm with you brother! I'll be wearing white socks(and my Tevas, of course).
Let's have a "Naturalist" parade!
You might want to rethink that. Lostone..are those your feet? Obviously, noski has not reached that spot yet in doing her much appreciated sworn duty of picking up the manure. :wink: :D
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album03/parade7.jpg

other pics from last years parade

Sugarbush mobile snow making tank
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album03/parade8.jpg

Sugarbush's most excellent crackerjack drill team
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album03/parade14.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album03/piggy.jpg

Free political social expression is encouraged, that's one of the things that make this parade diferent.
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album03/parade16.jpg

Lostone
06-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Not mine! :)

Not sure if I was wearing my Tevas, but no matter which, mine are much more colorful (and likely, less expensive?) than those. :wink:

win
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Lostone, I always knew that you and I shared a bond! I have the identical Tevas. Could we be one and the same?

Probably not! A few less veins and firmer calves! Or maybe not! Only Noski knows for sure.

skiladi
06-28-2007, 09:06 PM
http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album03&id=parade10&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Looks like Lostone was wearing socks and shoes. I was wearing Tevas but the legs in that poop pic are decidedly not mine. ; }

Lostone
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I thought I probably would have been wearing hiking boots. When I have no idea how long I'll be walking, I usually opt for support. (Wanna talk about it? :lol: )

And Win, like I said, I got the less expensive Tevas. :(

But they have to be over 5 years old, so I can't complain that they're cheap. :wink:

noski
06-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I scraped that horse pucky up with a paper plate- no kidding. In fact, I did it during the parade and 100 people clapped. (don't forget to make your donation to the Fourth www.Warren4thofJuly.com ... I have a financial gap to close on the event. Give at the Gate or online, and thank you to those who have. The site will be updated Monday with this week's contributions)