PDA

View Full Version : Has someone new come to town ???????????????

ahm
06-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Recently heard that Intrawest was on the permit for the new learning center. So, does that mean that Sugarbush will be entering the domain of mega ski corporations again................

djspookman
06-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Recently heard that Intrawest was on the permit for the new learning center. So, does that mean that Sugarbush will be entering the domain of mega ski corporations again................

I can't find anything in the Act 250 database regarding this, but it may be in the town for permit depending on the size of the project..

interesting rumor/news just the same though... hmm..

dave

castlerock
06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Good rumor....and a viable exit strategy for the present owners, (assuming they grow tired of the day to day life of working a mountain)..

ski_resort_observer
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Good rumor....and a viable exit strategy for the present owners, (assuming they grow tired of the day to day life of working a mountain)..

Amazing how a rumor that Intrawest might be financially involved with the new Family/Guest Services morphs to SV selling the resort to Intrawest in just 3 posts. :lol: :lol:

I'll just point out that the last time someone posted in here that Intrawest was buying the Bush, his name shall be temp excluded :wink:, it turned out to be bogus and that it was based on a Stratton/Intrawest van parked at the Hyde-Away here for an event. 8)

Mike_451
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Who did you hear this from?

Can somebody get a copy of the permit that shows this?

:roll:

A rumor is just a silly rumor without the facts :P

win
06-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Yes. They have made an offer we can not refuse. They have a planned development for Slide Brook which includes putting in a new Gondola from German Flats Road that will go right up to the Long Trail. To do this they have negotiated a contained Bear Park which will also serve as a petting zoo for school trips and this will be located across the road from the Sugarbush Inn.

Our architects Lemay&Youkel have also worked for Intrawest so that it probably how the rumor started! I guess the post skiing blues are igniting imaginations! We need new rumors not old ones, though.

BushMogulMaster
06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes. They have made an offer we can not refuse. They have a planned development for Slide Brook which includes putting in a new Gondola from German Flats Road that will go right up to the Long Trail. To do this they have negotiated a contained Bear Park which will also serve as a petting zoo for school trips and this will be located across the road from the Sugarbush Inn.

Our architects Lemay&Youkel have also worked for Intrawest so that it probably how the rumor started! I guess the post skiing blues are igniting imaginations! We need new rumors not old ones, though.

:lol:

Classic! A bear petting zoo :lol:

The Intrawest rumors do get old, don't they? But I guess we need something to talk about in the off season! :wink:

Always good to have the rumors "officially" dipelled. :D

castlerock
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes. They have made an offer we can not refuse. They have a planned development for Slide Brook which includes putting in a new Gondola from German Flats Road that will go right up to the Long Trail.

Excellent! LOL. I do hope it is a "low capacity" gondola however. We wouldn't want to spoil the skier experience a la Castlerock.

I did hear that it snowed last night on the mountain. and that a bunch of folks were hiking for turns. It won't be long now!

06-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Excellent! LOL. I do hope it is a "low capacity" gondola however. We wouldn't want to spoil the skier experience a la Castlerock.

This just in! I was just notified that they are going to follow MRG's lead and this new lift is going to be a one-person gondola. Heated of course. They haven't quite figured out what to do at the SBE intersection though. There is talk of a mid station where you can just jump out of the gondola onto a SBE chair though.

noski
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
And of course, you must have already heard I will be asked to take over the ski school. I think I will be leading backcountry tours or something. Hope you can all keep up! :roll:

Mike_451
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
In addition Snowmaking will be added to every single trail utilizing the latest and greatest fan gun tech fan guns will be added every 25 feet (15 on castlerock due to the south facing. Sugarbush will also be purchasing a fleet of 10 additional groomers, and 5 additioanl winch cats so that every double black can be groomed every night. The new snowmaking system the Northeasts largest will make use of the latest automation tech which means if the temperature is below 30 degrees the guns will be on, on aproximatly 60% of the terrain at a time from november throuh the end of march.

In order to cut new terrain in Slidebrook and widen existing trails the resort has signed a contract to order a fleet of 150 Husqvarna chainsaws.

To subsidise this devolopment, all the private property up and down German flats road and the Access Road and up Inferno Road will be aquisitioned under emininet domain to build 25 western style base lodges. A private owners only gondola will be built from each one to the base of the mountain.

In addition Interest has made a bid to purchase all of the remaning farmland in the valley to build additonal ponds for snowmaking. They initialy had a plan to buy the entire valley and put a damn at Granville and another at Moretown and turn it into a massive lake. This plan would have been finainced by the fact that all of the Mountaiside ski real estate would also be lake front as well. However Interests Mafia Contacts failed to come through by intimidating valley residents into selling property.

This really looks like a bright future for sugarbush, the golden years have yet to come!

ski_resort_observer
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I heard that the Bush is replacing all the upper lifts with Magic Carpets....no more windholds....yea!

HowieT2
06-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Actually the permit is to tunnel into the mountain under slidebrook which will essentially be hollowed out for parking (ala Norad) with a giant elevator to the top of the Long Trail to give new meaning to the term "ski lift"

noski
06-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Actually the permit is to tunnel into the mountain under slidebrook which will essentially be hollowed out for parking (ala Norad) with a giant elevator to the top of the Long Trail to give new meaning to the term "ski lift" Lincoln Tunnel?

skibum1321
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I heard that the Bush is replacing all the upper lifts with Magic Carpets....no more windholds....yea!

On a related note, when I was at Crested Butte, their 2 upper mountain lifts are both T-Bars, which I thought was a bit odd. I don't ride a T-Bar too often so it was pretty interesting going up such steep slopes on one, especially when there are slight downhills in the middle of the ride.

walks
06-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Slidebrook renamed Valhalla?

Mike_451
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
sure beats the wild slide? (Well we all know ASC'S corny marketing didn't get them anywhere :P )

castlerock
06-12-2007, 07:10 AM

And they have arranged for the "Jay cloud" to be moved 40 miles SSW, and renamed the "Ellen cloud"

Yard Sale
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM

And they have arranged for the "Jay cloud" to be moved 40 miles SSW, and renamed the "Ellen cloud"

With all the $$$ recently put into Lincoln Peak the newly acquired cloud is more likely to be dubbed "The Cloud at Lincoln Peak." :D

Strat
06-12-2007, 12:34 PM

With all the $$$ recently put into Lincoln Peak the newly acquired cloud is more likely to be dubbed "The Cloud at Lincoln Peak." :D

Hahaha...nice...

Mike_451
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I heard that even the dumpster from Mt Ellen is going to become the Dumpster at Lincoln Peak 8)

BushMogulMaster
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I heard that even the dumpster from Mt Ellen is going to become the Dumpster at Lincoln Peak 8)

Haven't you heard? It's now called "Mt. Ellen at Lincoln Peak" :wink:

Lostone
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Haven't you heard? It's now called "Mt. Ellen at Lincoln Peak" :wink:

How much different do you think you sound from those that complained about Glen Ellen being bought by Sugarbush? :roll: :wink:

ski_resort_observer
06-13-2007, 07:15 AM
I think you guys need to find a girlfriend......perhaps the momma bear is a single. 8)