PDA

View Full Version : Another way to carve in summer.

sugarboarder
06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
To all slalom/GS/DH skateboarders (and potential slalom skaters) out there. I have recently started racing again after a 22 year hiatus. The whole slalom scene has been growing again the last seven years, after pretty much completely dying out in the late eighties and the nineties.

I will be training locally this summer and going to various races - including the World Championships in North Carolina in September. If anyone, especially kids, wants to join me for ANY of it then please contact me, even if you have never done it before. The equipment is becoming more refined every day and it is a great way to keep that ski/snowboard feel through the summer; and if you are a ski/snowboard racer, it will keep your timing sharp and your legs strong.

Check out the following for more info, forums, and contest calendars:

www.slalomskateboarder.com
www.silverfishlongbording.com
www.ncdsa.com

-Rick

Lostone
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Moving to Miscellaneous Discussions.

Mike_451
06-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I would but I couldn't stay on a skateboard to save my life.

sugarboarder
06-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I bet you could...it's just like anything elase that seems impossible the first time you do it...who knows...you could end up racing World Cup on the Trocadero in Paris!

http://www.cloudtenweb.com/skate/paris_wc.jpg

Mike_451
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I wonder if they would let anybody on Bravo this summer with a MT board?

djspookman
06-04-2007, 05:23 AM

hmmmm... I too wonder.. That could be a TON of fun. I used to take out the long board (181cm) up the practice slope when I instructed mountain boarding at Smuggs, it was a BLAST, always wanted to do it lift serviced though....

dave

sugarboarder
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM

You can't stay on a skateboard but you will get on a mountain board??? :?

If anyone is interested in spectating at an IGSA sanctioned Downhill race this coming weekend at Ascutney, with some of the top racers in the world attending:
http://www.gravitysportsinternational.com/ascutney.htm

No mountain boards but pretty much everything else - and that Ascutney road is a SERIOUS test!!

sugarboarder
07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
OK potential slalom skaters, SB has agreed to let me use the "C" lot for slalom training. I'm usually there Tues. and Thurs. approx. 4-7pm if the weather is good. Even if you just want to see what it is about, please stop by. I'll let you try a real slalom setup if you don't have one. Free tips too! It would be great if I could get at least one person from around here into the sport - then we can split gas etc. when going to races. BIG races in Bristol CT Aug. 10-11 and Antrim, NH 9/22-23...then the WORLDS in Statesville, NC Sept. 27-30. If you know skateboard history or are an "old school" type, you would be likely to meet people you have heard about, or possibly had a poster of on your wall when you were in high school. I know you are out there - contact me if this sounds interesting.

Peace out,
-RF