PDA

View Full Version : This heat...

Lostone
05-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Is playing hell with our snow! :cry:

It's on its way out, fast. I'll hate to see the last of it go. :(

Too hot... Too fast!

On the good side, the heat is supposed to be out, tonight. I hope so.

Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 72°, which is 2° higher than we had at 5:00, this morning. :roll:

On the other side, 72° is an excellent temperature, for May! :D

HowieT2
05-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Is playing hell with our snow! :cry:

It's on its way out, fast. I'll hate to see the last of it go. :(

Too hot... Too fast!

On the good side, the heat is supposed to be out, tonight. I hope so.

Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 72°, which is 2° higher than we had at 5:00, this morning. :roll:

On the other side, 72° is an excellent temperature, for May! :D

Heat in summer=good. Heat in January=bad

SKItheBOAT
05-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi all,

I just moved back from the west and was wondering about the possibility of a tuesday or wednesday ski this upsoming week. I was planning on doing some hiking anyways, is it worth it to try and make some final turns?

Strat
05-26-2007, 07:12 AM
There's just really not too much left... best coverage would probably be on FIS but even that is probably like 20 square foot patch... walk 50 feet... 15 square foot patch... etc... I mean I don't really know because I haven't been up there, but observing from down below, that's how it appears...

Lostone
05-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Before this 3 day heat wave, you could have put together a few turns, but even that, you'd have to have been pretty pushy to call it skiing. :roll:

After yesterday there is almost nothing left. :cry:

For me, even before the heat, it was just look-at-me snow. 8)

Today is beautiful. ~75° and dry. 8)

BushMogulMaster
05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Yesterday killed FIS. Temp at the base of ME from around 11:00 till around 5:00 was about 92° and so humid the summit was quite hazy. I don't think there's anything left to ski on at this point :(

Strat
05-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I hadn't really looked upwards in a bit it appears... my observations were close 3-4 days ago but now you'd be hard pressed to find a patch of snow more than 10 square feet I think...

Lostone
05-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Interesting that there is so much more snow on Spring Fling than anywhere else. 8)

This time, last week, I was looking up, thinking that the snow was only places where they'd made a lot. Then I saw a large patch on Liftline. :shock:

Now, that is history, but with the cooling temps of the next few days, we might still have a little to look at, for a while. :wink:

SKItheBOAT
05-28-2007, 03:47 PM
thanks for all the response, looks like i'll get moving onto my waterski season instead. Happy Memorial Day to All!