PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

win
05-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for your input and support this season. Hope to see many of you on the Mountain this summer and all of you on the slopes next winter.

Tin Woodsman
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for your input and support this season. Hope to see many of you on the Mountain this summer and all of you on the slopes next winter.

No, Win, thank you. Thank you for putting up with cantankerous blowhards like myself with style and grace, even under testing conditions. Thank you for having a long-term commitment to the mountain and valley we all love so much. And thank you for following all of my suggestions to the letter (I guy can dream, can't he?).

As for your requests - done and done.

sugarboarder
05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks again Win - and I second Tin's response. :!:

You'll probably see me practicing skateboard slalom (orange/white cones) this summer to keep tuned for next year and to get ready to race May 19-20 in Needham, MA and Berlin, NH. Any current or future slalom skaters out there contact me if you are interested in racing this summer.

The racing NEVER ends!! 8)

PS - My victory at the USASA Nationals has led to an offer to join the Park City Snowboard Team and train at the US Snowboard Team facility and on their training hill next winter, so I may have solved my "where does sugarboarder go" dilemma for next season - but then again, that may be for 20 year-olds...I have ALL summer to decide. You aren't rid of me yet!! :wink: I'm a pretty good disc golfer too...I'll play you for a pass if I stick around! :lol:

shadyjay
05-07-2007, 08:06 PM
To everyone at Sugarbush, especially Win, thank you for an unbelievable season. Who would've thought, in the warmth of the early season (Dec/early Jan) that we'd be first to open, riding unbelievable amounts of powder days (including numerous in April !!), having top to bottom coverage to the end (at Lincoln Peak, no less), tied with K-mart for last to close, 100% Lincoln Peak open from mid January until late April (with the exception of a period of 2-3 days between dumps), the list goes on and on and on. Most of my riding days were at the Bush, I discovered some new terrain (thanks to the powder), and got real intimate with my old favs. Looks like I got my $$'s worth out of my Ellen pass, and then some, and not once did wind affect my choice for riding (unlike last year - rain, then wind and frozen conditions everywhere). I renewed my pass, PLUS style, and can't wait for next season. I gotta ride Castlerock someday - someone's just gotta grab me and take me there since the only person I know up here who skis/snowboards doesn't ride the Bush, despite repeated attempts to drag him there. I'll be there this summer - gotta get my bike fixed though (FYI - don't throw your bike out of anger when you carry it to the gas station, not knowing there's no air pump there, then carrying it home, et al).

Soon I will have a full season wrap-up on shadyjay.com, but I have yet to put in my last few trip reports. Working 12-14hr days lately in this nice spring weather, and trying to get into summer shape has sent me in a tailspin. But I'll be back, with gusto, soon enough.

Again, Win and the crew at the Bush, thank you, and let's hope for another season like this year for 07/08 (minus the Nov/Dec/early Jan issues).

-Jay

Lostone
05-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I'd like to add my thanx to all.

To the team for the early opening, and fighting to keep us open during the challenging first part of the season. For additional snowmaking to keep us going... just in case, and for the final push to keep things alive, at the end.

And to our guests, who bore with us during that early part. The answer to "How did it go?", at the end of the day was repeatably answered with "For what you've got, you're really doing well." Toward the end, they only had to smile, and remember this is why we do this silly stuff.

And importantly, they kept coming up (or over) as the season wound down. Late season skiing will only be possible if people come to enjoy it. It was so great to see so many doing so, right to the end.

Hope to see many of you on the hill or in the valley, as we hit the warm part of the year.

For those that don't know, it is gorgeous up here.

..... And besides... we need more people to feed the bugs. :shock: :lol:

05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you Win for your participation here and on AlpineZone. Your presence adds an unbelievable level of credibility to both sites. While online visitors to these boards probably only represent a small percentage of visitors to Sugarbush, we are a growing contingent. I feel your acceptance of this "new media" is absolutely the right move as more and more households come online. Your passion is obvious and your honesty and the respect you show SkiMRV and AZ members is refreshing and welcome. Thank you for all you do.

I would also like to thank Lostone and Tin Woodsman who have done an excellent job in the forum moderator role. You guys keep the discussion on track and civil, as well as stimulating conversation. Thank you as well.

Treeskier
05-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I also want to thank the MT for a hard working, well done year! With all of the curve balls thrown, you did a fine job.

Thanks for listening!!!! The ideas set forth here and on the MT where in most cases well founded and because you listen and learned from the input....the MT is ever evolving and a better place! THANKS

Next thanks for staying open.....early.....with thin cover....when shoveling was required...and late!

Last thanks to all of the employees who kept their smiles and positive attitude!

I know of no better community then Sugarbush/Mad River Valley

gone.skiing
05-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Let's see... I would like to thanks my parents, my agent... ;)

Just to second everything that has been said here. I also want give props to seasonal program coaches and John (make that both of them) for providing kids with fun and safe learning environment. I can't imagine how they managed to entertain groups with December/early January snow levels, but they figured it out. I can't think of another place in the East that could compete with ALC.

HowieT2
05-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Let's see... I would like to thanks my parents, my agent... ;)

Just to second everything that has been said here. I also want give props to seasonal program coaches and John for providing kids with fun and safe learning environment. I can't imagine how they managed to entertain groups with December/early January snow levels, but they figured it out. I can't think of another place in the East that could compete with ALC.

Just want to add that the kids adventure camp was unbelievably great and should be expanded. Perhaps a little adventure camp for those of us who are kids at heart.

kcyanks1
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

I also want to thank you for your participation here and on AlpineZone. It is great to have an owner who cares so much about his customers and their thoughts.