PDA

View Full Version : Grooming issue revisited...BMM?

skiladi
04-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm not trying to be a jerk just reminiscing on a rainy day. Thinking about the whole season , most of which was awesome and some of which was less than good. I know Bush Mogul Master doesn't care for grooming and I am not a fan of grooming or manmade snow unless truly necessary. But at the end of March I posted that it would have been nice had they groomed a couple of the moon cratered trails so the a.m. would have been skiable , and since Mt. Ellen was closing soon anyway there was no reason to worry about preserving the snow or messing things up by grooming when it is too warm as BMM pointed out.
Well , just wanted to say that there has been grooming the entire month of April and it has been pretty warm. Just wanted to point that out since I am no expert on grooming but I guess it wouldn't have hurt to groom a little on that day. My knees are still aching! ; }

win
04-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Actually, we did groom Snowball and Spring Fling Saturday night, but it doesn't last long this time of year. With declining depth and soft snow, we try to do what is best to make the open terrain last as long as possible. Stein's won't be groomed for Cinco de Mayo, but I guarantee it will be soft.

Lostone
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Actually, the job of grooming to get things open and accessible, this weekend wasn't a good job. It was an excellent job!

There were places where there were bridges plowed to and from trails. They could have run with fewer trails, but those of us who wandered around to ski them all found some really good snow, after getting thru the chute, or because the chute was there, at the bottom. 8)

BushMogulMaster
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Well , just wanted to say that there has been grooming the entire month of April and it has been pretty warm.

You made valid points until this one. This has actually been one of the coldest Aprils ever! :D

On another note... thank God for snowcats and front loaders! :wink:

skiladi
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Well , just wanted to say that there has been grooming the entire month of April and it has been pretty warm.

You made valid points until this one. This has actually been one of the coldest Aprils ever! :D

Not any colder than it was at the end of March when I would have enjoyed the forgiveness. But since all you "guys" know so much more than me how about a little bump lesson on Stein's at 9:30 a.m. Saturday 5/5? Be there or be square. Win and BMM , there may be a margarita in your future. Let Sean know. ; }

Strat
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Better make BMM's a Virgin... :wink:

BushMogulMaster
04-30-2007, 06:56 PM

Not any colder than it was at the end of March when I would have enjoyed the forgiveness. But since all you "guys" know so much more than me how about a little bump lesson on Stein's at 9:30 a.m. Saturday 5/5? Be there or be square. Win and BMM , there may be a margarita in your future. Let Sean know. ; }

Well, since the mountain doesn't open till 10:00 on Saturday, let's shoot for that! If you're serious, I'd be happy to give you some bump pointers.

win
04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Lift will start turning at 10am so it is soft for the first tracks!

skiladi
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
10 is even better! Didn't know when the lifts would turn so I just picked a time when I thought it would be soft. I was close! Unless some unforeseen thing keeps me away , I plan to be there. I'm happiest in powder 8) but if I can improve in the bumps that would be good. I do 'em. My son sees to that! But it is not my favorite thing. Whenever I have a chance to dodge 'em and head for the woods , I do. Saving the knees for my elder years. ; } But I'll take a few runs before hitting the tequila!! Sounds like fun. Hope to see you there. I have no idea what I will be wearing as the weather will dictate. But Lostone knows me and my pic is in the thread about my dog.

BushMogulMaster
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
10 is even better! Didn't know when the lifts would turn so I just picked a time when I thought it would be soft. I was close! Unless some unforeseen thing keeps me away , I plan to be there. I'm happiest in powder 8) but if I can improve in the bumps that would be good. I do 'em. My son sees to that! But it is not my favorite thing. Whenever I have a chance to dodge 'em and head for the woods , I do. Saving the knees for my elder years. ; } But I'll take a few runs before hitting the tequila!! Sounds like fun. Hope to see you there. I have no idea what I will be wearing as the weather will dictate. But Lostone knows me and my pic is in the thread about my dog.

I'll be there in a black jacket with a red Sugarbush vest over it. I'll likely be wearing a PistenBully hat. :D

skiladi
05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Better make BMM's a Virgin... :wink: That would be just sour mix or lime depending on your preference. I like tradicional myself but he can drink whatever he likes ( within reason ) :wink: We might leave the Patron on the shelf.

shadyjay
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll likely be wearing a PistenBully hat. :D

Hey, I got one of those, from my days as a snowmaker in CT.

I won't be there this wknd. Bumps and double diamonds are not my thang. Till next year, Sugarbush, thanks for an awesome season. Everyone gets a big thumbs up. Thanks Win and the gang!