PDA

View Full Version : Turn Out The Lights ... The Party's Over

Biff, Paris-France
04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
It was definitely a season to remember, the long slow build up “ will it ever happen “ to the Valentine’s Day Dump followed by what seemed like weeks of 2-4-6 inches of new stuff each night. Then just when we could use it, Wam-Bam .... St Patrick’s Day nailed us....!! Then, Finally when some thought it was done .... Good Friday -Easter came along and turned us all into believers ... I found religion that Friday doing laps down Paradise over at MRG. Someone said that this season was a reward for all those who had been kind to small animals in a former life .... I don’t know about reincarnation but I think that this season was proof positive that God likes us and wants us to be happy and have fun. And It Was Good ... see you next season.

Lostone
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Agree with you for the most part, except it isn't entirely over, yet. :wink:

As for the beginning, I had faith, as shown here. (http://forums.alpinezone.com/12393-whos-staying-positive-2.html?highlight=staying+positive#post133148)

I knew it would turn up, and when it did, those laps proved to have been quite worthwhile. :wink: It proved to be far batter than I ever expected, and I think, overall, an extremely good season! 8)

But the season is still not done. ( Anyone else hear the guy from Monty Python, saying "I'm not dead, yet"? :lol:

They're going to do their best to try to open with Stein's, off Valley House, next weekend. Should be an interesting transition with the sports car rally in the parking lot, skiing, barbecue, and they're also going to try to open the golf course.

Most of the summer activities are to start toward the end of June, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the time the mountain usually goes into its hibernation. 8)