PDA

View Full Version : Win Smith Returns for the AlpineZone Challenge!

summitchallenger
04-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Please be sure to come over and ask your questions.

Click HERE. (http://forums.alpinezone.com/16019-2007-alpinezone-ski-area-challenge-sugarbushs-win-smith-joins-us-again.html#post160519)

06-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Win's responses are in:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/articles/challenge/2007/response.htm?resort=sugarbush

Tin Woodsman
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Interesting news about the desire for connecting trails between CR and NL. That's going to upset some people. Also interesting news re: sanctioned tree skiing. That will also upset some people, and delight others.

Nothing earth shatttering there though. Not much in the way of specifics on whether they will address the bar crowding problems this year.

HowieT2
06-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the answers Win.

Couple of comments for what they're worth.

Is 1500-2000 feet of additional cafeteria space in the GS lodge going to be enough? Wouldn't it be best to err on the side of having too much if you're building anyway? How much and what kind of additional housing units are being contemplated?

What are the obstacles to linking ME to Birch and North Lynx? Is the land Forest Service, owned by SB or otherwise. Given the capacity of the CR lift versus the North Lynx would it make more sense to have the trail run from NL to ME, although I realize doing it the other way would open more and higher terrain.

Tin Woodsman
06-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Is 1500-2000 feet of additional cafeteria space in the GS lodge going to be enough? Wouldn't it be best to err on the side of having too much if you're building anyway? How much and what kind of additional housing units are being contemplated?

What are the obstacles to linking ME to Birch and North Lynx? Is the land Forest Service, owned by SB or otherwise. Given the capacity of the CR lift versus the North Lynx would it make more sense to have the trail run from NL to ME, although I realize doing it the other way would open more and higher terrain.

Wonder how much cafeteria space is in the current VH lodge. Should be at least that much in the new lodge, I would think.

As for trails from NL, that would be one hell of a run to get all the way over to ME from there. Me no understand.

Lostone
06-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I would guess he's talking about joining a way down. I've not gone that far over from either side. Claybrook goes thru that area.

I have Claybrook starting at 3200', and North Lynx just a touch higher, so it seems like you have to cross it. :?

All that being said, I have the feeling there might be a couple people on his team that... might just have wandered over there. :wink:

But you are right, that any trail cut cuts thru someone's favorite stash. :roll:

HowieT2
06-14-2007, 09:17 PM

Wonder how much cafeteria space is in the current VH lodge. Should be at least that much in the new lodge, I would think.

As for trails from NL, that would be one hell of a run to get all the way over to ME from there. Me no understand.

I'm terrible with quantitative judgments, but my wife thinks the VH lodge cafeteria is at least 10,000 sq. ft

It would open some nice terrain from ME to NL.

BushMogulMaster
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM

ME, as in Middle Earth, right? Not Mt. Ellen? Cause the latter would be one heck of a project right through protected wildlife/FS land.

HowieT2
06-15-2007, 06:33 AM

ME, as in Middle Earth, right? Not Mt. Ellen? Cause the latter would be one heck of a project right through protected wildlife/FS land.

Yes.