PDA

View Full Version : Baseball talk

HowieT2
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
The last hour yesterday was special. A run in Rumble woods, then an beautiful untracked, deep pumphouse woods off Bravo.

I was so fired up for today.....Now, I'm drinking (drowning my sorrows) and watching the RedSox....What could have been.

You should wait 'till September when you'll really have reason to drown your sorrows. :wink:

castlerock
04-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes September has been difficult in the past, but let us remember 2004...

Oh, and is there a limit to the number of starting pitchers you can put on the DL?....BTW I am still drinking! How's my typing?

daevious
04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
You're still making sense. Have another.

HowieT2
04-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Yes September has been difficult in the past, but let us remember 2004...

Oh, and is there a limit to the number of starting pitchers you can put on the DL?....BTW I am still drinking! How's my typing?
Yeah our new training staff is doing a bang up job.
April through June is when I have to hear the Red Sox and Mets fan chirp. Then it gets quieter as we approach the dogs days of summer (I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done). And then every year I'm sitting down the left field line at Yankee Stadium in October.

castlerock
04-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done)

I was at the 3rd game of that debacle....I've had to go to therapy since, but one day at at time....

HowieT2
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I have a faint recollection of 4 days in Fenway last August which quieted things done)

I was at the 3rd game of that debacle....I've had to go to therapy since, but one day at at time....

Please. I was at 6 & 7 in '04. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Tin Woodsman
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM

I was at 6 in 2004 too. Aaaaahh, Slappy McBlue Lips

:D :D :D :D :D :D

kcyanks1
04-17-2007, 08:14 AM

I was there too, but now after your post I can't like you anymore :-) (Diehard Yankees fan, hence "kcyanks1")

freeheel_skier
04-17-2007, 09:09 AM

I was there too, but now after your post I can't like you anymore :-) (Diehard Yankees fan, hence "kcyanks1")

Yankees....Ahhh makes sense now. I thought Kansas City had a new team? :shock: :lol:

Yard Sale
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM

Yankees....Ahhh makes sense now. I thought Kansas City had a new team? :shock: :lol:

O.k. I just wanted to get this straight. So not only is Spring in January, and Winter is in April. But now I see Yankee fans and Red Sox fans commiserate with each other and are consiliatory towards one another. Alright, alright alright ok ok ok so I guess then if I see something like oh say Stienbrenner and Luchinno sqare dancing together on Sports Center, then of course, it'll be obvious that it's time to pack a picnic basket to go see the 4th of July torchlite parade on Spring Fling. :shock: Got it. 8)

HowieT2
04-17-2007, 02:39 PM

O.k. I just wanted to get this straight. So not only is Spring in January, and Winter is in April. But now I see Yankee fans and Red Sox fans commiserate with each other and are consiliatory towards one another. Alright, alright alright ok ok ok so I guess then if I see something like oh say Stienbrenner and Luchinno sqare dancing together on Sports Center, then of course, it'll be obvious that it's time to pack a picnic basket to go see the 4th of July torchlite parade on Spring Fling. :shock: Got it. 8)
It's all the powder lately. I've even thought of giving up my seats so I can get a place at the 'bush.

MntMan4Bush
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Pure chaos. Cats and dogs living together.

Isn't this some apocalyptic sign?

castlerock
04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

MntMan4Bush
04-17-2007, 03:42 PM
CR - Thanks for picking up on my reference. Well done.

kcyanks1
04-17-2007, 04:30 PM

KC = my initials

freeheel_skier
04-17-2007, 09:41 PM
I was being sarcastic :lol: I will be front and center.....I mean 1st base on Friday..... :D

kcyanks1
04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I was being sarcastic :lol: I will be front and center.....I mean 1st base on Friday..... :D

Rooting for the Yankees, I hope :-)

Lostone
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Split out from the Verdict thread in the Sugarbush room. Please continue your baseball talk here, or start as many other baseball threads as you wish. 8)

freeheel_skier
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM

Rooting for the Yankees, I hope :-)

As Borat would say........rooting for the Yankees, NOT

Fourwide
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
am I. I've hated them for a long time. I think the primary reason is that they were so bad in my baseball formative years (mid to late 60s), but their fans remained pompous and unbearable. High points--Diamondback's comeback off Rivera in game 7, '01, Beckett winning WS game 5 in Yankee Stadium in '03 and, of course, Bosox win in '05, game 7.

Lostone
06-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Surprised this thread didn't come back to life with the recent happenings. :roll: :wink:

Snowman
06-19-2007, 08:35 PM
So... How about those Cubs? :lol: