PDA

View Full Version : And the verdict?

beelze
04-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Lots of glop and <gasp> some rain near 100.. how are things near the base area? did it at least avoid the rain?

smootharc
04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
...and NCP came in while I slept, and has been steady since it woke me up at 6:30.

Last night at 11 I was staring out at 15" new on deck railings, with steady snow. :cry:

Should be, um, interesting today. I'm still making turns.

Edit: it's 40 degrees according to my two temp gauges. Don't know what higher up/summit situation might be.

Lostone
04-16-2007, 08:18 AM
The good news is my car tells me there is plenty of the new snow that stayed. The bad news is my deck has self-cleared. :(

Well, it had to happen, eventually. This is the first r#@n we've had, in this stretch, but it is April.

So glad I ran it out, yesterday! What an afternoon! :D

This new stuff will cover any light areas we had. With April temps (due in sometime in May or June. :roll: ) there is plenty of great skiing yet to come. 8)

beelze
04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
well.. yes its yukky out there.. we were so close to a glorious powder day! Took two runs and headed for the car..partly because of my goggles acting as a magnet to the light rain and partly because I just don't want to get hurt at this point of the season...I've had the misfortune of dropping my tip in stuff like this before and I know I'm not flexible enough anymore to do a front flip!

smootharc
04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
well.. yes its yukky out there.. we were so close to a glorious powder day! Took two runs and headed for the car..partly because of my goggles acting as a magnet to the light rain and partly because I just don't want to get hurt at this point of the season...I've had the misfortune of dropping my tip in stuff like this before and I know I'm not flexible enough anymore to do a front flip!

Ditto.....two runs and done. Top of mtn. didn't look any less, uh, moist, than lower. Nothing open early up top anyways, so on to other things.

Back this weekend for.....skiing.

castlerock
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
The last hour yesterday was special. A run in Rumble woods, then an beautiful untracked, deep pumphouse woods off Bravo.

I was so fired up for today.....Now, I'm drinking (drowning my sorrows) and watching the RedSox....What could have been.

Lostone
04-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, I got out around 1:30 and skied for 2 hours. This is what I found:

Where it was groomed, it was soft and sweet cruising.

Where it wasn't,...
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Assorted_Pix/t100_2335.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Assorted_Pix/t100_2336.jpg

you wanted to be where other people had been. This wasn't so for everyone. I saw someone running Lower Birdland, and he was flying. I also saw Treeskier coming down thru a section of (what else? :roll: ) trees.

As a rule, tho, most sets of tracks had long straight paths to the crash. :shock:

I only went off the groomed once. I did a section of Lower Organgrinder, and I couldn't wait to get off it.

Once that new snow is groomed, it warms up, or any combination,thereof, there is lots more great skiing to be done. 8)

Lostone
04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Moved the baseball part to the Misc area.

Please feel free to continue it there. (It will give something else to talk about beyond the word game. :lol: )

Fourwide
04-18-2007, 08:44 AM
as skiing winds down. I'm a Mets fan from way back. Saw Nolan Ryan's only post-season victory (being game 3 of the '69 NLCS--the inaugural NLCS). Saw '86 WS game 2 (Gooden-Clemens--both shelled) and (oooooohhhhhh) games 6 and 7. I watch the replay of games 6 and 7 whenever I need a boost (for all you BoSox fans, complete dvd copies are available on amazon.com--official nbc broadcasts, not bootleg). Watched the Mets beat a terrible-looking Phillie team last night (from the comfort of my den--no live baseball for me until it warms up appreciably!). Dice-K, Big Papi and Manny are on my roto team.

Lostone
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
As above, I have started it... or moved the one that is started. It is in the Misc discussions area, called Baseball talk. 8)