PDA

View Full Version : Dumping!

atkinson
04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Already starting to pile up. Come and get it!

John

castlerock
04-12-2007, 07:25 AM
See you out there

Treeskier
04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
On my way!

nelsapbm
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
What are we looking at for a lift ticket price on Saturday? Probably will see you guys out there!

boze
04-12-2007, 07:46 AM
...like myself.

I look forward to seeing some pics later today...even though it pains me to not be there !

Lostone
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Ticket prices are $46. Haven't heard of any change for the weekend.

Spring prices for winter skiing! :D

atkinson
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone,

Well, by mid-April I’d planned to be regaling you with tales of spring corn, soft bumps and the smell of sunscreen and BBQ in the air. Alas those stories will have to wait, because it’s STILL dumping!

The past week was as good as any of this incredible season, featuring constantly refreshed powder, interspersed with bright sunshine. The temperatures are perfect, too. I keep thinking that I’ll wake up at some point and it’ll all be a dream.

Ready for the forecast details? The prognosticators are calling for 12-18” on Thursday and Thursday night. The snow started early this morning and there is already more than five inches on the ground as of noon. The snow is coming straight down in the base area and coating everything in yet another fresh blanket.

As if this weren’t incredible enough for mid-April, we are expecting a much larger Nor’easter for Sunday-Tuesday. My favorite forecaster has compared it to our biggest storms ever, including the Valentine’s Storm and The Town Meeting Day Blizzard, March 5-6, 2001. Preliminary reports are in the 20-30” range.

I know that many of you have a hard time visualizing this when there is green grass in your yard and the local country club is open, so here are a couple of pictures to help you see what’s been happen at Sugarbush.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/cecil-SB4sm.jpg
Cecil Fink, head chef at Egans, charging the powder at Sugarbush on Monday.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/41007-VH.jpg
This is a picture of the Valley House stairs from today. Fully skiable!

Honestly, opportunities to ski and ride conditions like this don’t come every year or even every couple of years. We are in a truly epic cycle. And you don’t want to be reminded all next year and beyond about what you missed in April 2007. We’ve had more than four feet of snow before this current series of dumps and without hesitation, I can say that it’s going to be AWESOME!

See you soon!

John

boze
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Was there Monday enjoying the epic-ness from 10th chair to last chair.

How's the consistency of the snow falling now? The stuff that fell last weekend was light & fluffy - nearer to Utah pow than NE April snow.

Enjoy!

castlerock
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
It was a nice creamy snow fall for the first 6-8 inches. The SE aspects took a little wind hit, the NE facing aspects were a bit lighter. It then mixed in and out with sleet between 1 and 2 o'clock, then came back on full snow, with a vengance till closing. Now (5:30) there is light snow, the radar is looking good for another heavy shot or two.

HowieT2
04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
It was a nice creamy snow fall for the first 6-8 inches. The SE aspects took a little wind hit, the NE facing aspects were a bit lighter. It then mixed in and out with sleet between 1 and 2 o'clock, then came back on full snow, with a vengance till closing. Now (5:30) there is light snow, the radar is looking good for another heavy shot or two.

Thanks. I thought that itch in my throat was gone 'till next year, but I feel something coming on. Better get all my work done tomorrow.